There is a lot of chatter at the track meets. That if you want good results, train with 5 Star Track Club. I heard this from the parents and the athletes. I didnt hear any chatter about any other clubs....sorry. I'll keep my ears open but right now, based on what I've been hearing, 5 Star Track Club is the best in the Hampton Roads Area.
- Here we go with this bull again. I am begining to believe @Hotdawgscuzn is a 5 Star parent or coach. He has been on the site talking trash for years. And all of sudden when 5 star shows up he's not a cousin but like a parent talking about their child. Ive done my research and I have seen some improvement in the 5 star athletes, and I found that many of them train all year round with the club coaches at some storage unit. I may at some point have grown to appreciate the program, but if @Hotdawgscuzn I know its something I can not support.
- @trackstatick I suppose you are a Real Deal (No Deal) parent or coach. I give credit where credit is do. 5 Star and Western Branch are the only programs kicking butt right now.... Real Deal was the place to go but after visiting the track meets everyone is talking about 5 Star and Western Branch. T
"Dont shoot the messenger"
- I agree with you @trackstatick , the club a kid runs for isn't important, it matters how much work a kid puts into improving upon their skills, on their own time.
- @Hotdawgscuzn Sounds just like you're a 5 star parent or coach. & just like @nikasbrwneyes said, it matters how much work a kid puts into bettering themselves in the off season. I didn't get with a well known club during the summer, i just worked my butt off by working & training hard as much as i could. The result: I'm # 6 in the nation for high jump (6-8) doesn't matter what club you run for.
- @Steveniceness yes..right steve LOL...I think maybe mr. Hotdawgscuzn likes to start something and hit buttons or maybe he is doing this for advertisement for 5Star. I hate to say..I know a young man on 5 Star..that is hoping..just hoping that all the money his Mama is pouring into this team. is worth it..and I hate to say..he's one of those stories where it's not looking too much different since he join and trained under 5 star..and he is one of those kids where Mama says if Im paying ya better bleed this workout...Not knocking the program...I am just saying...Most of those kids were already talented when they got there..so to say 5 Star is the it program...They are not breaking athletes..which is a good thing... IT's a great thing to remember that it's all about what you put in it..to say that the other teams..aint doing anything..why mention Real Deal..is it a competition with that team or what's going on there..Most of those kids are training with their High Schools anyway. I think this is a publicity stunt..is that the case Mr.Hotdawgscuzn?
- @ FIAMAR I am curios as to the kid thats in the same boat, I have seen big improvement from the kids that train with that team both 3A and 2A district champions with HUGE improvements on times so Im quite curios. @Steveniceness congrats on your accomplishment, however, you cant say that the summer teams do not help because you did a lot of work. The kids from Real Deal are killing as well and thats a testament to how that program manages their athletes through the summer and delivers them back to their high schools healthy ready to go. Whether Real Deal or Five Star, these programs are in place to help the kids. Both programs are doing a good job, Publicity stunt or not I think 5 Star gets mentioned because they are training through the entire year.
- As I have stated before I have seen how not just Real Deal but the Atlantic Coast umbrella has done so much for track and field in this area. So whether I am associated with REAL DEAL or not has nothing to do with the Trailblazing efforts of the club. If you read my last message I was actually giving 5 Star credit. I just feel like people are giving 5 Star and WB a little too much credit. However, I do not attack the people personally I post my opinion just like everyone else. I just do not understand why 5 Star keeps being compared to Real Deal or why you can not say one team name without the other. Mystery??? are they working together on some evil plan to overturn track and field wtf?
- @FIAMAR You must havent check the rankings because if you did, you would have not posted anything. Everyone knows the Dawg posts the truth. Real Deal claiming the credit for what WB is doing. I think 5 Star Track Club is a legit club to train with...
- @Hotdawgscuzn there you go. Just like you ve posted stuff before that needs truth. Not all you say is gospel. Where was 5 Star when Shakeela started? What about the other talents? I didnt say they are not doing a good in what they do. They are. However, dont compare. Real Deal coaches arent comparing themselves to 5star..they dont have to. The world knows about real deal. star. Not yet. It probably will soon. Dont lift up another by tearing down one.
- @FIAMAR I've been following track for a long time. Shakeela Saunders has been training with the 5 star coaches since her very first track meet. Everyone knows that except for you...
- @Hotdawgscuzn Ive known Shakeela since she was about 8or9 years old. How old were you? The coach that helped herget started we met him and her fam when they started in T & F. Shakeela was winning when there was no 5 star. Keela wason another team before 5star.winning.Ive coached her brothers and know well her mother, and grandparents well. Find facts 1st before you open this can of worms u started.
- @FIAMAR Explain us why she didnt do well in NC, since it's not coaching and you know her family so well.
- @Hotdawgscuzn did u get the point. No. . Wow. Five Star is doing great but most of those athletes were great before. You ve been curious about Thats for Coach and Keela to tell u..not me. Remember Keela was about 7 years onthe National seen before 5 Star. So was some of these others athletes. End of my thread. Great debate though..but know ur facts.
- It is truly a shame that someone is talking about 5 STAR like they have been on the scene since the beginning of time. Hotdawgs(whatever your name is) look, these are the facts: Shakeela was fast waaaaaaayyyyy before 5 Star existed. and to be exact she was running 58 seconds in the 400 meters as a Midget in AAU and for you HOTDAWGS Midget in AAU terms is 12 years old which would be hmmmmmm...let's count 13, 14 oh yeaaaaaaa two years before she even got to high school....WOW!!!
And do you wanna know the team she was running with when she ran that.....Ahhhh man....u guessed it wrong!!!!! it was the Virginia Beach Flames!!
Now i have nothing negative to say about 5 STAR, but when you make comments on things you really don't know about, that is truly sad to this blog but also to the sport of track and field. GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT!!!
and take a seat....
- It is a shame that every few months someone feels the need to get on this forum and want to start a unneccessary feud on club vs club, team, coach,etc. There are many track clubs/teams in the Hampton Roads area, so much so that it is a shame that only one club name comes up to be compared against the other. At the end of the day, it really does not matter which club/team is getting the most athletes, or who is coaching the best. There are teams that have been around for years and have established themselves, teams that came on the scene and no longer exist, and teams that are new and doing quite well. I have always been taught that action speaks louder than words and that you do not have to always brag about what you do. You can be the fad today, but gone tomorrow. Integrity is what matters the most and making sure that our athletes are not only being trained in the area of track and field, but are also being taught to have great character and being sound students academically. College coaches are not interested in what club you are with, they want to know that the student they are offering a scholarship to has great character and can perform in the classroom, and be a great representation to their school or program. A lot of the athletes that are being mentioned have been running track for a long time. It is a blessing to watch them come full circle and now prepare themselves to enter the next phase of life. Many people have helped to nuture their God given talents. Real Deal is a great club and 5 Star is a great club. Enough of the bashing because it is childish and pointless. As coaches, parents, mentors, etc., we need to be an example to our youth and learn to support each other instead of tearing each other down.
- @AgentP you get a 1/2 of an amen. On one side you are correct lets stop tearing the kids, coaches and teams down and reward those that are helping these student athletes development. (start applauding here). Another good point you made is that these teams come and go like buses in a city. On the other hand I beg the differ on the college point as I have witnessed many club coaches do some things that high school coaches have not been able to do in reference to getting kids in school. Not saying that every club coach has more connects than high school, That would be crazy, however again I have seen kids get noticed because a good coach of a good summer track team has connections and helps the kid get exposure that they otherwise would not have gotten. But all in all I like your message. (presses like button now)
Enough of the mushy stuff. @FIAMAR and @hulk757 I am going to get out off my seat because @hulk757 asked me politely to sit down. To say this; I am not sure whose side you guys are on here. It seems like you are defending my point. 5 Star is a brand new team and you guys making the Shakeelah Saunders point is a huuuuuuuuge mistake. You said Shakeelah was fast when she was 7 and she was fast when she was 12, and 13 and 14. I AGREE 100% you guys are right she has been fast for ever and 5 Star did not get her faster. So nevermind maybe Im making the mistake. but ah na nevemind.....but but uhhhhhh...i...i...i... I forget who was her coach when she was running that..... and where is he coaching now.....(looking in the sky with a confused face).....Ahhhh man.....u guess wrong... IT is 5 Star.
I am not sure why you guys try to undermine that program so bad, I did not undermine anyone but Real Deal and even that is in fun. All I said is that the buzz on the block aka the bleachers is 5 Star. The parents are telling other parents, just like the Western Branch parents are doing. We do not have to be mad at these programs success, and yes I know one is high school and one is club. Point is they are doing well reppin VA; embrace it, take notes, copy it, but dont be mad and hate. Hate only looks good on me.
@FIAMAR "most athletes were great before they got there" c'mon not to down the kids but stop turning your face to the improvement. You ask me is this a publicity stunt? Do you have a personal vice against those guys? No need to answer because your "facts" just continue to support my point.
O and as always end of my thread. Solid debate. Thanks for the facts! (sits back down)
- @Hotdawgscuzn You are not a coach of an CLub team are you? Not a parent/mentor or anyone that's associated with a club other than?? Because we all work together with these kids. We are even having a hand in helping colleges hear about other club team athletes that are not on our team..because we want the best for these kids. It's really and truthfully a community out there. So for you to make it like 5 Star against the world. the point we are trying to make is..don't propagandize to people who may not know other. There are many teams in this area that are doing well. Bringing kids who never ran into a realm of competition that is best in the Nation is a true blessing of a coach also. Many teams have been doing that in this area also. I appreciate what 5 STar is doing..No hating hear. I applaud.FACT---.I have a young man I am hoping and striving to get him recruited who is training with 5 STar..He is one of those who are ranked. if I was hating I would be telling his Dad otherwise about 5 star..There a fact to stomp your hating theory. Again..be a part of a community that's all about the best for our youth..That's what it's all about sir. Don't make it to be anything else.
- @Hotdawgscuzn dude, NOBODY talks about 5 star at the meets. We don't talk about AAU during the school season, we're just focused on doing our best at what we're doing at the moment. You must work for 5 star, or something.
- @Steveniceness You are ranked 6th in the nation in high jump because no one runs indoor track. We'll see if you can break top 25 during the outdoor season when all 50 states are participating in track.
- @Hotdawgscuzn no one? out of 9,666 people, no one? haha one funny dude , & challenge accepted.
- @Hotdawgscuzn & why are you liking your OWN POST ? lol obviously you like it if you posted it. you're a hater smh.
- Is 5 Star training now? I cant decide which team to join... 5 star or real deal. Any suggestions?
- @Hotdawgscuzn lol..seriously here we go..lol
- @javong10 Cool. Who are the speed coaches? Some people are telling me go to 5 Star and others are say go to Real Deal.