Wise’s Page, Potomac’s Echols enjoy standout performances
INDOOR TRACK | Wise’s Champ Page was one of several local athletes to turn in top performances at the Virginia Tech Invitational. (via Washington Post)
Wakefield's advanced their case as the #1 team in the nation, while Parkland's young squad moved into national focus.
Wakefield's girls take their speed to the fast, banked track in Blacksburg in search of more top national marks.
Performance list for the 2012 Virginia Tech High School Invitational to be January 27th and 28th at the Rector Fieldhouse in Blacksburg, VA. Updates to the performance...
Additional Information2012 Virginia Tech
High School Invitational
Indoor Track Meet
Dates: January 27-28, 2012
Entry Fees: $10 per athlete
$25 per relay
$120 five or more athletes (per gender)
Contact: Dan Ward
(804)691-4366 or firstname.lastname@example.org
regarding meet management questions.
Boys 55 Dash - 7.0
Girls 55 Dash - 8.0
Boys 55H - 9.0
Girls 55H - 10.0
Boys 300 - 40.0
Girls 300 - 45.0
Boys 500 - 1:15.0
Girls 500 - 1:25.0
Boys 1000 - 2:52
Girls 1000 - 3:25
Boys 1600 - 4:55
Girls 1600 - 6:00
Boys 3200 - 10:40
Girls 3200 - 12:40
Boys 4x200 - 1:40
Girls 4x200 - 1:55
Boys 4x400 - 3:40
Girls 4x400 - 4:26
Boys 4x800 - 8:40
Girls 4x800 - 10:40
Boys TJ - 42'0"
Girls TJ - 32'0"
Boys LJ - 19'6"
Girls LJ - 15'0"
Boys HJ - 5'10"
Girls HJ - 4'10"
Boys SP - 44'0"
Girls SP - 32'0"
Boys PV - 12'0"
Girls PV - 7'6"
No times or marks will be posted if they do not meet the standards.
All NFHS eligible schools from the following states:
VA, NC, NY, NJ, MD, DC, DE, PA, CT, RI, MA - all other states call
Dan Ward, 804-691-4366
NO CLUB TEAMS
Entry Limitations & Directions
Each school is permitted one entry per event except 1 mile and Invitational 3200 relay. Contact email@example.com about these events.
Each athlete may enter a total of 3 events.
A school may enter two athletes in an event if both meet the standard listed below. Complete the Dual Athlete Form and email to Rod Camden at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com Enter Athlete #1 on line 1st.
The number of athletes listed on the order of events is a guideline. The size of the fields could vary slightly due to number of entry records.
Entry Standards for Two Athletes
DUAL ATHLETE FORM
Girls High Jump - 5'2"
Boys High Jump - 6'2"
Girls Shot - 37'0"
Boys Shot - 50'6"
Girls Long Jump - 17'6"
Boys Long Jump - 22'0"
Girls Triple Jump - 35'11"
Boys Triple Jump - 44'8"
Girls Pole Vault - 9'6"
Boys Pole Vault - 13'0"
Girls 55m Hurdles - 8.77
Boys 55m Hurdles - 7.93
Girls 55m Dash - 7.48
Boys 55m Dash - 6.63
Girls 300m Dash - 41.53
Boys 300m Dash - 36.1
Girls 500m Dash - 1:18.34
Boys 500m Dash - 1:07.1
Girls 1000m Run - 3:04.56
Boys 1000m Run - 2:36.1
Girls 1600m Run - 5:17.28
Boys 1600m Run - 4:26.33
Girls 3200m Run - 11:30.73
Boys 3200m Run - 9:42.95
Girls Pole Vault - 8'0"
Boys Pole Vault - 12'0"
Girls High Jump - 4'10"
Boys High Jump - 5'10"
Four athletes or less - $10.00 per athlete PLUS $25.00 per relay per gender
Five athletes or more - $120.00 per gender
Make check payable to: Treasurer, Virginia Tech
Mail check to:
Virginia Tech Athletics
360 Jamerson Athletic Center
Blacksburg, VA 24061
Acknowledgement of Consent
By entering the 2012 Virginia Tech High School Invitational all schools consent to abide by all rules, regulations and guidelines consistent with any visitor at Virginia Tech.
All meet management questions should be directed to:
Dan Ward at firstname.lastname@example.org or (804)691-4366.
Online entries will be at www.directathletics.com beginning at noon December 1st through noon December 27th . You must enter all team members on the roster and enter all events during this time frame. All dual entries must be faxed to Rod Camden and all Mile athletes must be confirmed to Dan Ward at email@example.com by noon on December 27th . Send your entry fees to Cara Walters at Virginia Tech at this time. Your team is not entered until all fees are paid. From noon January 8th until 6p.m. January 9th coaches may go back into their online entries and scratch athletes and substitute from your team roster. NO NEW TEAM MEMBERS will be accepted to your roster at this time.
1. Coaches' Meeting: held at the Clerk of Course area, either attend Friday (4:30pm) or Saturday (8:30am) meeting.
2. Scratches will be taken at the Clerk of Course desk. There will be NO SUBSTITUTIONS allowed.
3. RUNNING EVENTS - Clerk of Course is located in the back right corner of the field house. All athletes must report when event is called. It is a rolling schedule.
WOMENS 55 HH, the heats are in the program and posted on the "Results" corkboard on the wall near the start.
4. FIELD EVENTS - Check-in at their perspective competition area 20 MINUTES prior to the scheduled time. If an athlete has not checked in he/she will be scratched. No exceptions.
5. Athletes not attaining the minimum standards will receive 'NM" or 'DNF'.
6. Numbers are worn on the FRONT for all events, with the exception of the pole vault and high jump. Athletes who are NOT wearing their assigned number will be disqualified
7. Hip numbers LEFT hip for all races on the OVAL track. RIGHT hip for the 55m and the 55m hurdles.
8. Athletes that have to leave a field event to compete in a running event will have 10 minutes to report back to the field event or they will miss an attempt.
9. Long jump and triple jump warm-ups: Only the flight that is next to jump will be allowed to warm-up and put their marks on the runway. Each flight will have 15 minutes to warm-up.
10. No Jewelry is permitted, except religious and medical necklaces or bracelets (must be taped down). No dangling earrings, no other facial piercing items allowed. Disqualification will occur.
11. Only 1/4" spikes or less will be allowed on all track surfaces. Spikes will be checked at the starting line. 1/8" spikes are recommended.
12. Food: will be permitted only in the designated area at the front of the field house.
13. Rest rooms are located in the front of the field house. There are also port-a-johns outside the front entrance of the field house and outside behind the Clerk Area.
14. Coaches are NOT allowed inside the oval. Only currently competing athletes allowed inside oval or on oval or sprint tracks.
15. Do no allow athletes to climb up on mats at the end of the dash track!
16. The outdoor track is available for warm-up.
17. Training staff will provide first aid and general maintenance care ONLY. Water and ice will also be available.
18. POP & State Verification forms will be signed by the entry clerk. Pick the forms up and then fill them out from the Hytek table.
Virginia Tech High School Invitational
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
January 27 - 28, 2012
Friday, January 27th
3:30pm Doors Open. Packets available for pickup (left front doors of Rector Field House)
4:00pm Check-In for events 7 and 8 commence.
4:30pm Coaches' meeting. Back right corner of field house (Clerk of Course).
IMPORTANT: All athletes must be at the Clerk of Course when their event is called. It is your responsibility to make check-in. Remain at the Clerk of Course for heat assignments, lane assignments, and hip numbers. Women's 55 H report directly to the starting line. ALL other events report to the Clerk of Course.
Time Event Number Gender Min. Mark
5:00pm Shot Put 1 Female (40 athletes) 32'
Triple Jump 2 Male (40 athletes) 42'
Pole Vault 3 Female (30 athletes) 8'
Triple Jump 5 Female (40 athletes) 32'
7:15pm High Jump 4 Male (30 athletes) 5'10"
7:30pm Shot Put 6 Male (40 athletes) 44'
Rolling Schedule - Rolling Time Schedule
5:00pm 55 Hurdles 7 Female (70 athletes)
55 Hurdles 8 Male (70 athletes)
55 Dash 9 Female (80 athletes)
55 Dash 10 Male (80 athletes)
4x800 Relay 13 Female (5 sections)
4x800 Relay 14 Male (5 sections)
3200 15 Female (60 athletes)
3200 16 Male (60 athletes)
Saturday, January 28th
7:30am Doors Open
8:00am Check-In for events 21 and 22 commence.
8:30am Coaches' Meeting
Time Event Number Gender Min. Mark
9:00am Long Jump 17 Female (40 athletes) 14'6"
Long Jump 18 Male (40 athletes) 19'
High Jump 19 Female (30 athletes) 4'10"
Pole Vault 20 Male (30 athletes) 12'
Rolling Time Schedule
4x200 Relay 21 Female (12 sections)
4x200 Relay 22 Male (12 sections)
1000 Meter Run 23 Female (5 sections) (72 athletes)
1000 Meter Run 24 Male (5 sections) (72 athletes)
300 Dash 25 Female (12 sections) (72 athletes)
300 Dash 26 Male (12 sections) (72 athletes)
55 Hurdles - Finals 27 Female (top 8 times from Friday)
55 Hurdles - Finals 28 Male (top 8 times from Friday)
55 Dash - Finals 29 Female (top 8 times from Friday)
55 Dash - Finals 30 Male (top 8 times from Friday)
500 Run 31 Female (11 sections) (72 athletes)
500 Run 32 Male (12 sections) (72 athletes)
1600 Run 35 Female (5 sections) (62 athletes)
Invitational Mile 37 Female (1 section) (10 athletes)
1600 Run 34 Male (5 sections) (62 athletes)
Invitational Mile 36 Male (1 sections) (10 athletes)
1600 Relay 39 Female (11 sections)
1600 Relay 38 Male (11 sections)
- No discussion yet. Be the first!