Additional InformationNew track complex at Cave Spring High School
The 5th Annual Knights Track Classic
Saturday March 31, 2012
Hosted by Cave Spring H.S.
at Cave Spring High School
As of March 23rd 42 high schools are attending and 15 middle schools.
Please send an e-mail to email@example.com if you plan on attending. You must have a password in order to enter.
Each school is allowed three entries per event. Only one relay per event per school will be allowed. VHSL rules regarding event limitations will apply. All athletes must belong to their high school team and must be accompanied by a coach from that school.
All entries will be done through milestat.com. ALL ENTRIES ARE DUE BY MONDAY, MARCH 26 AT 11 PM. A $50 LATE FEE WILL BE ADDED FOR ANY TEAMS NOT MEETING THIS DEADLINE.
Information for registering online can be found at va.milesplit.us/help/faq/meetreg or the directions are listed below.
1. Login or Register - You must have a user name and password for Milesplit. To get that, if you don't have one, click register in the top right gray MileSplit bar directly under the Universal Sports logo and search box.
2. Claim Your Team - If you haven't already set this up, you must be registered as a coach or team administrator to register for a meet. In order to get set up, you go to your team page, and at the top right, click "Claim This Team." Choose either that you want to be a coach or team admin. Follow the instructions on that page. Apply and submit. Once you do that and are approved (usually within a few hours), you will receive a confirmation email and you'll be set to go to the next step.
3. Update Your Roster - If your team's roster is not already up to date, now is a good time to get any corrections made and add any additional athletes to it. Go to your team page, login, and you will see button that says "Team Administration" to the right of your team's name. Click that and then click roster on left hand toolbar. Enter or update your roster, adding any new athletes. To move graduated athletes to Alumni, simply add their graduation year and hit save.
4. Enter the Meet - Go to the season calendar and click on the green meet registration button of the meet you want to enter. Read and follow the instructions carefully and fill out the form completely. Once entered you'll see all of the available events/races listed out. To put your athletes into these events/races click the "Edit Entries" link by the event. On the following page, check the athletes you want in the race (putting in seed times if applicable), and click the save button at the bottom. Do this for each event/race. You will be able to change and update these entries until the entry deadline.
Athletic Trainers: Some space will be available for your team trainers and we will be providing an athletic trainer for limited assistance.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email questions to Runnerlwl@AOL..COM or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Cave Spring High School- 3712 Chaparral Drive Roanoke, VA 24018. Coming from I-81- take Exit 143. After exiting, travel on 581 for approximately 10.1 miles. Take Electric Rd/419 exit (Tanglewood Mall). Take a right off of the exit ramp onto 419 North. Travel 1.3 miles and take a left onto Chaparral Drive (Look for the 7-Eleven). Drive .9 miles on Chaparral Drive.
Cave Spring High School is on the left.
Teachers Bus parking lot (lot in front of the school). Please look for signs.
An entry fee of $100 per team ($175 for boys and girls teams together)
Individuals: $5 per event or $20 per relay
Five or more student-athletes are considered a team.
This is an entry fee, not a participation fee.
Make checks out to: Knights Booster Foundation
Cave Spring High School
Attention: Laurence Loesel and Tommy Maguire
3712 Chaparral Dr.
Roanoke, VA 24018
ALL ENTRY FEES ARE DUE BY MARCH 28th.
The DMR is run 1200, 400, 800, 1600
There will be a $5 admission fee to all spectators.
The first six places will receive medals in each individual event and top three relay teams.
The first and second place teams will each receive a trophy.
Individual MVP awards will be presented to:
1. Top M/F track event student-athlete
2. Top M/F field event student-athlete
We will take nominations for MVP awards from coaches anytime during the meet. Meet management will select from the submitted entries and award the individuals at the conclusion of the meet.
The first six places will score. The standard point distribution of 10, 8, 6, 4, 2, 1 in each event will count towards the overall team score.
All running events will be run as TIMED FINALS fast to slow. Finals in FIELD EVENTS will be for the TOP EIGHT. Please be as accurate as possible with your entry marks! Field event seeding will be least to greatest.
Each jumper will be given three (3) jumps each in the preliminaries. Three (3) more jumps in the finals. [i]ALL ATHLETES FIRST LEGAL JUMP WILL BE MEASURED. ATHLETES NOT MEETING THE FOLLOWING MINIMUM MARKS WILL NOT BE MEASURED.[/i]
GIRLS LJ- 14'9
GIRLS TJ- 30'0
BOYS LJ- 19'5"
BOYS TJ- 38'11"
The five-alive format will be followed. Please consult the VHSL officials handbook for more information. Starting heights for girls: 4'4, boys 5'4.
All throwers will be given three each in the preliminaries. Three (3) more throws will be given in the finals. Implement weigh-in begins at 9:00 AM- see tentative schedule. ALL ATHLETES FIRST LEGAL THROW WILL BE MEASURED. ATHLETES NOT MEETING THE FOLLOWING MINIMUM MARKS WILL NOT BE MEASURED.
BOYS SHOT- 41'6"
BOYS DISCUS- 109'8"
GIRLS SHOT- 28'0"
GIRLS DISCUS- 80'5"
There will be pole vault inspection at the vaulting facilities before the event. Any poles found to be illegal or not of the correct weight will be impounded-NO EXCEPTIONS! ABSOLUTELY NO TAPPING DURING PRACTICE! COACHES AND VAULTERS WILL BE IMMEDIATELY DISQUALIFIED! Please consult VHSL rule book for further details.
Spikes no longer then ¼ inch will be allowed 1/8th inch preferable. Immediate disqualification will result if longer spikes are used. Coaches, please help us with this!
There will be a full concession stand for all student-athletes, parents, coaches, spectators.
There will be a coaches' hospitality lunch available. Please check your team packets for wristbands. First come-first serve.
Meet Time Schedule:
Implement Weigh-in @ 8:30-8:50
9:00 AM Boys Discus
9:00 AM Girls Shot Put
9:00 AM Boys Long Jump
9:00 AM Girls Long Jump
9:00 AM Girls Pole Vault
10:30 PM Girls High Jump
10:30 PM Boys Pole Vault
11:30 PM Boys Shot Put
11:30 PM Girls Discus Throw
11:30 PM Girls Triple Jump
11:30 PM Boys Triple Jump
12:30 PM Boys High Jump
9:30 AM Girls 3200M Relay
10:15 AM Boys 3200M Relay
10:45 AM Girls 100M Hurdles
11:05 AM Boys 110M Hurdles
11:35 PM Girls 100M Dash
12:05 PM Boys 100M Dash
12:35 PM Girls 1600M Run
12:55 PM Boys 1600M Run
1:20 PM Girls 4x100M Relay
1:45 PM Boys 4x100M Relay
2:10 PM Girls 400M Dash
2:40 PM Boys 400M Dash
3:10 PM Girls 300M Hurdles
3:35 PM Boys 300M Hurdles
4:00 PM Girls 800M Run
4:25 PM Boys 800M Run
4:50 PM Girls 200M Dash
5:10 PM Boys 200M Dash
5:30 PM Girls 3200M Run
5:45 PM Boys 3200M Run
6:00 PM Girls DMR
6:15 PM Boys DMR
6:30 PM Girls 4x400 Relay
6:45 PM Boys 4x400 Relay
Holiday Inn (Tanglewood)number #1 pick
4468 Starkey Rd
Roanoke, VA 24018
Sleep Inn (Tanglewood)
4045 Electric Rd.
Roanoke, VA 24018
Quality Inn (Tanglewood)
3816 Franklin Rd., SW
Roanoke, VA 24014
- No discussion yet. Be the first!