Additional InformationNew info is fieldhouse opens at 8:30am with coaches meeting at 9:10am.
Meet starts at 10am. 4x8 relays and dash and hurdle prelims are rolling shedule. Finals that begin at noon will be according to the time schedule unless we get behind.
Region III Track and Field Championships Saturday 2/18/2012 - Starts at 10:00 AM
8:30 AM FIELDHOUSE OPENS
9:10 AM COACHES MEETING
10:00 AM #9 Girls Pole Vault Finals
10:00 AM #2 Boys Long Jump Finals
10:00 AM #7 Girls High Jump Finals
10:00 AM #6 Boys Shot Put Finals
10:00 AM #3 Girls Triple Jump Finals
12:30 PM #10 Boys Pole Vault Finals
12:30 PM #5 Girls Shot Put Finals
12:30 PM #8 Boys High Jump Finals
12:30 PM #1 Girls Long Jump Finals
12:30 PM #4 Boys Triple Jump Finals
10:00 AM #11 Girls 4x800 Meter Relay Finals
Rolling #12 Boys 4x800 Meter Relay Finals
Rolling #16 Boys 55 Meter Dash Prelims
Rolling #15 Girls 55 Meter Dash Prelims
Rolling #14 Boys 55 Meter Hurdles Prelims
Rolling #13 Girls 55 Meter Hurdles Prelims
12:00 PM #13 Girls 55 Meter Hurdles Finals
12:10 PM #14 Boys 55 Meter Hurdles Finals
12:20 PM #15 Girls 55 Meter Dash Finals
12:25 PM #16 Boys 55 Meter Dash Finals
12:35 PM #17 Girls 4x200 Meter Relay Finals
12:50 PM #18 Boys 4x200 Meter Relay Finals
1:05 PM #19 Girls 1600 Meter Run Finals
1:20 PM #20 Boys 1600 Meter Run Finals
1:35 PM #21 Girls 500 Meter Dash Finals
1:55 PM #22 Boys 500 Meter Dash Finals
2:15 PM #23 Girls 1000 Meter Run Finals
2:30 PM #24 Boys 1000 Meter Run Finals
2:45 PM #25 Girls 300 Meter Dash Finals
3:00 PM #26 Boys 300 Meter Dash Finals
3:15 PM #27 Girls 3200 Meter Run Finals
3:45 PM #28 Boys 3200 Meter Run Finals
4:10 PM #29 Girls 4x400 Meter Relay Finals
4:00 PM #30 Boys 4x400 Meter Relay Finals
1. Spikes 1/4" may be worn during competition. SPIKES MAY NOT WE WORN IN THE HALLWAYS! ANYONE
CAUGHT WEARING SPIKES IN THE HALLWAY WILL BE DISQUALIFIED FROM THE MEET (LU POLICY)!
2. Use the trash receptacles that are provided. OBEY LU SIGNS IN THE HALLWAYS.
3. No glass containers, drinks, or food will be allowed on the track surface.
4. No audible or electronic communication devices will be allowed inside the track. Coaches turn cell phones off.
5. Starting blocks are provided. You must provide you own batons.
6. Teams are expected to use the equipment and facility in the proper manner.
7. Remind athletes to throw hip numbers away - do not leave on ground.
8. Athletic Trainer will be on site located adjacent to the officials area on the inside of the track.
9. Concessions will be provided.
10. Regional T-shirts and other items will be sold.
11. A coaches area will be designated inside the track for the shot put, long jump, triple jump and high jump. ONE coach
from each school is allowed in the coaches area for each field event. These areas will be designated at the coaches meeting.
12. Check in area with the clerk is the starting line of each race after getting your hip number from the assistant clerk.
13. We will abide by VHSL State Meet Rules (see VHSL handbook). This was emailed to you earlier.
14. Remember all undergarments must be a solid color and same color if more than one relay runners has an
undergarmet. No jewelry except one watch (first violation is a warning, 2
violation is DQ from the event). Review the
logo requirements in the rule book!
15. Any athlete on the weight equipment in the infield will be disqualified from the meet.
GAMES COMMITTEE REGULATIONS:
Shirts should be tucked in so that the numbers can be visible. Numbers must be placed on the uniform bottom (left side),
not on the skin. Runners not finishing in lanes will have a second number on the upper right chest area.
Electronic devices are not permitted on the infield of the track (by coaches or athletes). First offense is a warning, 2nd
offense is a DQ of the coach or athlete. Coaches may not use electronic device inside or outside the oval to confer with an
athlete until the event is over. Ipods must be used with headphones outside the oval.
Only soft items can be worn in the hair (headbands, rubber bands, ribbons, etc. are okay) in the high jump and pole
vault. Hard items (hair clips, etc.) are okay for running events and other field events as long as they do not present a
potential hazard to other athletes. No hats.
The infield must be cleared of all athletes not competing. Coaches should NOT be on the infield during running events
with the exception of a coach observing an active field event competitor. The HEAD COACH only may be in the infield
for the entire meet. The high jump apron and area inside the track along the main straightaway are NOT warmup areas
for hurdlers or gathering areas for non-participants The shot put area area and bench are only for shot putters in active
flights! The area behind the high jump pit is not an area for non-participants. Non participants should be off the inside
oval of the track.
- No discussion yet. Be the first!