We invite you to be a part of the third annual James River Invitational. This will be a great opportunity for you and your team to run, jump, and throw at a great facility that was renovated just four years ago! Please do not hesitate to reach out to us to let us know how we can assure your attendance at this great invitational!
-James River Coaching Staff
8:30am - Coaches Meeting
9:00am - Boys Discus followed by Girls Discus
Girls Shot followed by Boys Shot
NO POLE VAULT
Boys/Girls Long Jump (running at same time) Followed by Boys/Girls Triple Jump
Girls High Jump followed by Boys High Jump
Running Events (Rolling Schedule)
9:30am - Girls 3200m Run
Boys 3200m Run
Girls 100m Hurdles Prelims
Boys 110m Hurdles Prelims
Girls 100m Dash Prelims
Boys 100m Dash Prelims
Middle School 100m Dash Sections
Not earlier than 12:00pm
Girls 4x800m Relay
Boys 4x800m Relay
Boys 110m Hurdles Final
Girls 100m Hurdles Final
Boys 100m Dash Final
Girls 100m Dash Final
Middle School 1600m Run
Girls 1600m Run
Boys 1600m Run
Girls 4x100m Relay
Boys 4x100m Relay
Middle School 400m Dash
Girls 400m Dash
Boys 400m Dash
Girls 300m Hurdles
Boys 300m Hurdles
Girls 800m Run
Boys 800m Run
Girls 200m Dash
Boys 200m Dash
Girls 4x400m Relay
Boys 4x400m Relay
2017 James River Invitational
Date: Saturday, April 8th, 2017
Meet Location: James River High School in Midlothian, VA just off of state highway 288 and state route 711.
Sanctioned: Sanctioned by the VHSL
High School Division - $125 per gender. $200 for co-ed.
Middle School Division - $75 per gender. $150 for co-ed.
School Limits: We will be accepting the first 30 high schools who submit a $100 deposit to reserve their spot into the meet. This deposit will be credited to your total amount. The remaining difference of final entry fee total must be paid prior or by the day of the meet.
Race Limitations: As of right now we are limiting entries to 4 in the sprints, 4 in the field,4 in the 800/1600, and 3 in the 3200. This is by gender. You are also able to enter 'A' and 'B' relay teams.
Awards: Team Trophies for 1st, 2nd Team for both Boys & Girls. Medals for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in each individual event
Spectators' entry fee: $5 for those 10 years old and up.
Checks Payable To: James River High School
James River High School
Attn: Track Team
3700 James River Road
Midlothian, VA 23113
Entry Deadline: Entries will close on Wednesday April 11th. All entries and team roster submissions must be done online. NO EXCEPTIONS! Make sure that you have selected all runners from your roster who will be competing on race day by the deadline.
Check-In: All athletes and teams should report to the check-in no later than second call that their race is scheduled to begin.
T-Shirts: Meet T-Shirts will be sold on-site.
Concession: A concession stand run by the James River program will be selling drinks (gatorade, water, soda) and food (healthy food for runners and regular concession food for spectators) throughout the meet.
Carytown Burgers & Fries will also have an awesome food truck there so be sure to come hungry and support a great local restaurant!
Trainer & EMS on-site: The wonderful trained & certified staff from CJW will be on-site for any injuries or emergencies. Please bring your own athletic tape.
Music: We will be providing pump up music to create an even better meet atmosphere.
Trash: Please have your athletes police their area and make sure no trash is left when your team is leaving the school. Trash bags are available in your packet and extras will be available at the team packet pick-up table. We are fortunate to have this venue to host this event and we need to make sure we keep this beautiful school clean!
Online Registration: Teams can register online at va.milesplit.com/meets/212191/registration
How do I register for a meet?
1. Login or Register - You must have a user name and password for Milesplit. To get that, if you don't have one, click register in the top right gray MileSplt bar directly under the Universal Sports logo and search box.
2. Claim Your Team - If you haven't already set this up, you must be registered as a coach or team administrator to register for a meet In order to get set up, you go to your team page, and at the top right, click Claim This Team. Choose either that you want to be a coach or team admin. Follow the instructions on that page. Apply and submit. Once you do that and are approved (usually within a few hours), you will receive a confirmation email and you'll be set to go to the next step.
3. Update Your Roster - If your team's roster is not already up to date, now is a good time to get any corrections made and add any additional athletes to it. Go to your team page, login, and you will see button that says "Team Administration" to the right of your team's name. Click that and then click roster on left hand toolbar. Enter or update your roster, adding any new athletes. To move graduated athletes to Alumni, simply add their graduation year and hit save.
4. Enter the Meet - Go to the season calendar and click on the green meet registration button of the meet you want to enter. Read and follow the instructions carefully and fill out the form completely. Once entered you'll see all of the available events/races listed out. To put your athletes into these events/races click the "Edit Entries" link by the event. On the following page, check the athletes you want in the race (putting in seed times if applicable), and click the save button at the bottom. Do this for each event/race. You will be able to change and update these entries until the entry deadline.
- No discussions yet. Be the first!