VHSL Group AAA State Outdoor T&F Championships 2013
05/30/2013 7:43:18 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
The opening pole vault heights listed on the performance list is really to high 9'9" girls and 12'9" . Over 3/4 of the competitors will no height I realize we only need 8 people to clear to get the all state group, but if you made the state meet the opening should within reach.
The opening pole vault heights listed on the performance list is really to high 9'9" girls and 12'9" . Over 3/4 of the competitors will no height
I realize we only need 8 people to clear to get the all state group, but if you made the state meet the opening should within reach.
05/30/2013 10:07:06 AM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
The opening heights may seem a bit high, but in reality, they are 3 heights below the state standard. This is normal for most championship meets. In general, this formula is set before seeing the field, rather than deciding the height based upon who makes it. I agree that it seems difficult for the vaulter who gets in as a 5th or 6th place finisher in their region, and without meeting the autostandard, but I think that at the highest level, it becomes about being able to achieve at the highest level, as opposed to some invitationals or other meets, when it becomes more about participation. Looking at the depth of the field, though, it shows that 2/3 or so of each field has hit the autostandard.
The opening heights may seem a bit high, but in reality, they are 3 heights below the state standard. This is normal for most championship meets. In general, this formula is set before seeing the field, rather than deciding the height based upon who makes it. I agree that it seems difficult for the vaulter who gets in as a 5th or 6th place finisher in their region, and without meeting the autostandard, but I think that at the highest level, it becomes about being able to achieve at the highest level, as opposed to some invitationals or other meets, when it becomes more about participation. Looking at the depth of the field, though, it shows that 2/3 or so of each field has hit the autostandard.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.