Article Comment: Division 1 Regional Preview
10/24/2013 10:17:37 AM
User
This is a wonderful analysis of the 4 D1 regional meets for this weekend! I know from experience that this does take quite a bit of time to pull together. Thank you for the overview. My only critique would be that you may have vastly overrated Westerville South's boys. I would be surprised if they are in the top 10 this weekend. Thanks again for the info!
This is a wonderful analysis of the 4 D1 regional meets for this weekend! I know from experience that this does take quite a bit of time to pull together. Thank you for the overview. My only critique would be that you may have vastly overrated Westerville South's boys. I would be surprised if they are in the top 10 this weekend. Thanks again for the info!
10/24/2013 10:29:11 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
As a long time coach 35 years, I think your analysis of the Northwest Regional is right on. I am glad to see you used the average times and take into consideration, the courses that runners have had their best times on may not be a true picture. The Northwest District teams are well represented. What a great sport we have....
As a long time coach 35 years, I think your analysis of the Northwest Regional is right on. I am glad to see you used the average times and take into consideration, the courses that runners have had their best times on may not be a true picture. The Northwest District teams are well represented. What a great sport we have....
10/24/2013 11:18:26 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Thanks for doing this. I like the commentary along with projects. I agree with Mr. Alpeter about Westerville South's boys team. A couple of their guys have only one or two races in the database, one of which was the OCC meet at Darby, so their average looks really awesome. I do not believe they have defeated Jerome, Davidson, Lancaster, Liberty, Coffman or New Albany yet this year in head to head competition. For example Coffman beat them at all 5 positions on Saturday at the district meet and by a 75-129 score. And I would not count out New Albany, who has looked good the past two weekends. Other than that the predictions look pretty solid.
Thanks for doing this. I like the commentary along with projects. I agree with Mr. Alpeter about Westerville South's boys team. A couple of their guys have only one or two races in the database, one of which was the OCC meet at Darby, so their average looks really awesome. I do not believe they have defeated Jerome, Davidson, Lancaster, Liberty, Coffman or New Albany yet this year in head to head competition. For example Coffman beat them at all 5 positions on Saturday at the district meet and by a 75-129 score. And I would not count out New Albany, who has looked good the past two weekends. Other than that the predictions look pretty solid.
10/24/2013 11:52:25 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I remember as a Freshman at ONU running against Scott Alpeter
I remember as a Freshman at ONU running against Scott Alpeter
10/24/2013 12:42:26 PM
User
Why did you just put the average times in the virtual meet?
Why did you just put the average times in the virtual meet?
10/24/2013 12:42:58 PM
User
*from the virtual meet?
*from the virtual meet?
10/24/2013 2:09:39 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Just FYI....On our Westerville South team page they have both Greg Smith and C.J. Johnson listed twice, so consequently our team score looks a lot better with both of the top guys being included twice. I do love my team, but we are not #3 in the Region....our top 5 SB are 15:47, 16:13, 16:46, 16:49, 16:50
Just FYI....On our Westerville South team page they have both Greg Smith and C.J. Johnson listed twice, so consequently our team score looks a lot better with both of the top guys being included twice. I do love my team, but we are not #3 in the Region....our top 5 SB are 15:47, 16:13, 16:46, 16:49, 16:50
10/24/2013 2:26:25 PM
User
You know what guys, I am gonna redo the guys central region. I found duplicates and it threw off my total. I should have it updated soon.
You know what guys, I am gonna redo the guys central region. I found duplicates and it threw off my total. I should have it updated soon.
10/24/2013 6:11:48 PM
User
There I have adjusted with the duplicates removed. They were caused by the OCC meet and I still am not sure why it happened, but it appears to be all good now. Region 3 should be set.
There I have adjusted with the duplicates removed. They were caused by the OCC meet and I still am not sure why it happened, but it appears to be all good now. Region 3 should be set.
10/24/2013 9:29:29 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Thanks capnhook. And thanks for taking on the job of running the site.
Thanks capnhook. And thanks for taking on the job of running the site.
10/24/2013 11:27:30 PM
User
I believe Seth Farmer's time is only OCC's, and I checked Milesplit and confirmed he is listed 3 times on Westlands team page. Additionally, Luke Hoover is also doubled, giving Davidson a bit of a boost.
I believe Seth Farmer's time is only OCC's, and I checked Milesplit and confirmed he is listed 3 times on Westlands team page. Additionally, Luke Hoover is also doubled, giving Davidson a bit of a boost.
10/25/2013 6:45:44 AM
Coach
Thanks for putting this together, on paper looks like a pretty solid analysis. Best of luck tomorrow to all competing athletes and teams.
Thanks for putting this together, on paper looks like a pretty solid analysis. Best of luck tomorrow to all competing athletes and teams.
10/25/2013 12:40:51 PM
User
I agree this is a great starting point for discussion, with a dog in the race I looked at the Central District Girls and noticed the the Watterson girls are only showing 1 time for your average...and the UA girls shown in the top 25 were the only ones in this group to run slower at Districts then your averages shown. What would be nice is a trend over the last 3 meets.
I agree this is a great starting point for discussion, with a dog in the race I looked at the Central District Girls and noticed the the Watterson girls are only showing 1 time for your average...and the UA girls shown in the top 25 were the only ones in this group to run slower at Districts then your averages shown. What would be nice is a trend over the last 3 meets.
10/25/2013 4:48:33 PM
User
I would love to do a 3-week trend. It is actually something I am bringing up with my developer to see if it is possible because I did it myself for our conference meet and district meet, which only had 4 and 14 teams. Since I was previewing 145 teams roughly it would get crazy long.
I would love to do a 3-week trend. It is actually something I am bringing up with my developer to see if it is possible because I did it myself for our conference meet and district meet, which only had 4 and 14 teams. Since I was previewing 145 teams roughly it would get crazy long.
10/27/2013 11:47:24 AM
User
Has any region been as loaded as the Southwest in recent memory? You mentioned 7 of the top 11 teams in the state with the defending state champion in addition to other elite national runners?
Has any region been as loaded as the Southwest in recent memory? You mentioned 7 of the top 11 teams in the state with the defending state champion in addition to other elite national runners?

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.