Article Comment: Twin Brook Top 50 Boys Performers
10/29/2013 12:03:06 PM
Coach
This list really shows the depth of the Class of 2010.
This list really shows the depth of the Class of 2010.
10/29/2013 1:36:26 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
Yes 2010 was a very strong class. In fairness to some the conditions just haven't allowed for a fast time some years in the post season
Yes 2010 was a very strong class. In fairness to some the conditions just haven't allowed for a fast time some years in the post season
10/29/2013 8:25:49 PM
User
The class of 2010 is probably Maine’s all time best class, but I don't think this list is a very good way to evaluate them relative to other classes. Course conditions are obviously the big reason trying to compare them to other years by looking at times is really impossible. Also, what type of race and how hard people have to run the races affects the list considerably. Joe-Holt, for example, jog-jogged for the win this past week or if two kickers are up at the front then the pace will slow to a trot. Absent to this list are Sam Seekins and Henry Sterling who are and were very quick members of the 2010 class.
The class of 2010 is probably Maine's all time best class, but I don't think this list is a very good way to evaluate them relative to other classes. Course conditions are obviously the big reason trying to compare them to other years by looking at times is really impossible. Also, what type of race and how hard people have to run the races affects the list considerably. Joe-Holt, for example, jog-jogged for the win this past week or if two kickers are up at the front then the pace will slow to a trot. Absent to this list are Sam Seekins and Henry Sterling who are and were very quick members of the 2010 class.
10/29/2013 11:21:09 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
Sam & Henry have both excelled in college as well. This class of 2014 has some real talent in it though beyond Andrews & Curts
Sam & Henry have both excelled in college as well. This class of 2014 has some real talent in it though beyond Andrews & Curts
10/29/2013 11:22:49 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
Twin Brook has changed a lot over the years as well. I believe True's effort was when they ran the pain cave twice. The NE's course in 2007 was also different than the course they run now.
Twin Brook has changed a lot over the years as well. I believe True's effort was when they ran the pain cave twice. The NE's course in 2007 was also different than the course they run now.
10/29/2013 11:42:16 PM
User
I think it might have been short my freshman year at the western Maine regional too. Only Matt, Ben Lewis, and I (out of the top 30 returners for class c or something similar to that) had a faster time on the course the following year if I remember correctly. Also, the start was definitely farther back. I think many courses are getting faster as the years go on. From my freshman year to my senior year the Belfast course changed a bit for the faster. I think it is a lot wider now compared to 10 years ago.
I think it might have been short my freshman year at the western Maine regional too. Only Matt, Ben Lewis, and I (out of the top 30 returners for class c or something similar to that) had a faster time on the course the following year if I remember correctly. Also, the start was definitely farther back. I think many courses are getting faster as the years go on. From my freshman year to my senior year the Belfast course changed a bit for the faster. I think it is a lot wider now compared to 10 years ago.
10/30/2013 12:31:38 AM
User
Wade Davis was class of 2008 not 2006 and his time may have been aided by what I said in my last comment.
Wade Davis was class of 2008 not 2006 and his time may have been aided by what I said in my last comment.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.