Article Comment: MaineTrackXC Athlete/Fan Poll Week #9
11/05/2013 9:23:00 PM
Coach
I've heard of "homers" in voting, but honestly whoever keeps voting for the Cony boys is really pushing it to the extreme. They were 10th in the East A regional and 11th in the KVAC after all. They weren't even close to qualifying for States. That is not the pedigree of a "top 12" team. Nice kids and some promising runners, but honestly in one is not going to take their voting at least a bit seriously, then it would be better that they not vote.
I've heard of "homers" in voting, but honestly whoever keeps voting for the Cony boys is really pushing it to the extreme. They were 10th in the East A regional and 11th in the KVAC after all. They weren't even close to qualifying for States. That is not the pedigree of a "top 12" team. Nice kids and some promising runners, but honestly in one is not going to take their voting at least a bit seriously, then it would be better that they not vote.
11/06/2013 3:20:58 PM
User
Coachbk: I would lay off them. From looking at the data, it is clear that whoever keeps voting for Cony only ever puts them in twelfth place (1 point). This isn't really a big deal because it affects the results so little that I wouldn't sweat it. (Disclaimer: it's not me and I agree that they're not top 12 material. Maybe in three years...) If whoever does it also votes really badly for other people, then yes, they should not vote. But from what I have been seeing there are no major irregularities or other teams getting votes that should not get votes (except maybe Boothbay getting 10 this week, but they *did* win states), so it's not really a big deal in my mind. Such are the vagaries of democracy.
Coachbk: I would lay off them. From looking at the data, it is clear that whoever keeps voting for Cony only ever puts them in twelfth place (1 point). This isn't really a big deal because it affects the results so little that I wouldn't sweat it. (Disclaimer: it's not me and I agree that they're not top 12 material. Maybe in three years...)
If whoever does it also votes really badly for other people, then yes, they should not vote. But from what I have been seeing there are no major irregularities or other teams getting votes that should not get votes (except maybe Boothbay getting 10 this week, but they *did* win states), so it's not really a big deal in my mind. Such are the vagaries of democracy.
11/06/2013 8:08:51 PM
Coach
Well I layed off commenting on this for a long time and decided it was worth mentioning. Yes they are not having a big effect on the voting, but it is still a 12th place vote that should be going to somebody else!
Well I layed off commenting on this for a long time and decided it was worth mentioning. Yes they are not having a big effect on the voting, but it is still a 12th place vote that should be going to somebody else!
11/06/2013 9:28:56 PM
User
Coachbk: Agreed. I was just mentioning that it's only one point.
Coachbk: Agreed. I was just mentioning that it's only one point.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.