=PR= Holiday Invitational 2013
12/10/2013 9:19:34 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
It is a shame that teams are selected to compete and all were not welcomed to enter into the meet. I totally understand the desire to have a meet with elite competition but I believe every athlete should have the same opportunity to compete. Shame on you, what a poor message to teach kids.
It is a shame that teams are selected to compete and all were not welcomed to enter into the meet. I totally understand the desire to have a meet with elite competition but I believe every athlete should have the same opportunity to compete. Shame on you, what a poor message to teach kids.
12/23/2013 12:12:15 AM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
I'm not sure what you mean by not being allowed to compete....there was a meet limit, and it was more than met. It was by all means a full meet. Meet management did a great job of keeping it going, and accomodating almost 50 schools yesterday. I'm sure it is frustrating when a coach or team doesn't meet the cut, either because it is too full or too late, or perhaps another reason (sanctioning?), but a meet can only realistically host so many schools before it gets too large and bogged down. If you want to talk about sending messages to kids though, how does it look when certain coaches, when they are told it is full from meet management, start emailing other coaches to get the password to try and slip in the meet anyways. I am not saying this is from your school (I don't know where you are from), but I know of multiple schools who tried to get around meet management to get passwords into the meet after they were turned down. Maybe kids may not see this per se, but before you start charging the meet management with acting unethically, maybe the coaches need to check themselves, first.
I'm not sure what you mean by not being allowed to compete....there was a meet limit, and it was more than met. It was by all means a full meet. Meet management did a great job of keeping it going, and accomodating almost 50 schools yesterday. I'm sure it is frustrating when a coach or team doesn't meet the cut, either because it is too full or too late, or perhaps another reason (sanctioning?), but a meet can only realistically host so many schools before it gets too large and bogged down.

If you want to talk about sending messages to kids though, how does it look when certain coaches, when they are told it is full from meet management, start emailing other coaches to get the password to try and slip in the meet anyways. I am not saying this is from your school (I don't know where you are from), but I know of multiple schools who tried to get around meet management to get passwords into the meet after they were turned down. Maybe kids may not see this per se, but before you start charging the meet management with acting unethically, maybe the coaches need to check themselves, first.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.