Ban the schools that vote to ban the vault
03/16/2014 2:11:06 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
if a school has voted to ban the pole vault, Would ask all meet director's to ban them from competing in any of your meets help us save the vault.
if a school has voted to ban the pole vault, Would ask all meet director's to ban them from competing in any of your meets help us save the vault.
03/16/2014 3:14:57 PM
Coach
That seems a bit drastic.......especially since there is no way of knowing who voted for and against...PV will still be contested, but you think that schools whose AD voted for it being unscored at state should have their athletes punished? Remember, Our sport is for the kids. Taking the ability to compete is a far worse fate then not scoring PV... Just my two cents
That seems a bit drastic.......especially since there is no way of knowing who voted for and against...PV will still be contested, but you think that schools whose AD voted for it being unscored at state should have their athletes punished? Remember, Our sport is for the kids. Taking the ability to compete is a far worse fate then not scoring PV...

Just my two cents
03/16/2014 4:33:22 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
The kids who polevault on teams that win state titles are not really on the team they don't matter if points don't count. This is no solution it teaches poor sportmenship. How about this all the pole vaulters in Virginia file a law suits against the vhsl for violating their rights. Banning the pole vault because you can't compete in that event is discrimination against the group of people that do pole vault.
The kids who polevault on teams that win state titles are not really on the team they don't matter if points don't count.
This is no solution it teaches poor sportmenship.

How about this all the pole vaulters in Virginia file a law suits against the vhsl for violating their rights.

Banning the pole vault because you can't compete in that event is discrimination against the group of people that do pole vault.
03/16/2014 4:42:25 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
@knnmcdaniel Did I miss something? I understand that 2A voted against keeping it, and I am a proponent of keeping it, but I thought that what ine classification does, all classifications must do. Did the other classifications (or representatives) vote to scrap it? I didn't hear of that happening.
@knnmcdaniel

Did I miss something? I understand that 2A voted against keeping it, and I am a proponent of keeping it, but I thought that what ine classification does, all classifications must do. Did the other classifications (or representatives) vote to scrap it? I didn't hear of that happening.
03/16/2014 7:14:45 PM
Coach
@knnmcdaniel I would wait until an official ruling has been made. At this point you seem to be going a little bit overboard. If they no longer allow you to vault, you have every right to be peeved.
@knnmcdaniel

I would wait until an official ruling has been made. At this point you seem to be going a little bit overboard. If they no longer allow you to vault, you have every right to be peeved.
03/17/2014 8:42:24 PM
Coach
Nothing is happening to the pole vault. The 2A schools just wanted to vent a little bit about Maggie Walker. Maggie Walker is going to dominate a lot of the sports for many years and it frustrates them. I definitely wouldn't be punishing kids because of their AD's votes. They're entitled to vote how they want...at least according to the VHSL rules.
Nothing is happening to the pole vault. The 2A schools just wanted to vent a little bit about Maggie Walker. Maggie Walker is going to dominate a lot of the sports for many years and it frustrates them. I definitely wouldn't be punishing kids because of their AD's votes. They're entitled to vote how they want...at least according to the VHSL rules.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.