VHSL State 1A-4A State Meets all at Harrisonburg.
08/13/2016 10:26:28 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
How in the world is Harrisonburg hosting 4 state meets over 2 days. Running two together is a headache as it is. Why is Radford University not hosting this year.
How in the world is Harrisonburg hosting 4 state meets over 2 days. Running two together is a headache as it is.

Why is Radford University not hosting this year.
08/14/2016 12:12:38 PM
Coach
Interesting. Last year it was announced that 3A-4A would be moving to Sports Backers Stadium. Maybe it's just a typo on the VHLS site???
Interesting. Last year it was announced that 3A-4A would be moving to Sports Backers Stadium. Maybe it's just a typo on the VHLS site???
08/14/2016 1:13:27 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
That would of course make sense they have changed the 1A/2A on the VHSL site, but they still have Harrisonburg listed for 3A/4A as well.
That would of course make sense they have changed the 1A/2A on the VHSL site, but they still have Harrisonburg listed for 3A/4A as well.
09/02/2016 8:49:47 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@rsullins
09/02/2016 8:51:55 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
[quote=ledgers80]@rsullins[/quote] I hope to god it's not in Harrisonburg. We were told Sports Backer for 3/4a. Can someone please verify. Thank you @ledgers80
ledgers80 wrote:
@rsullins

I hope to god it's not in Harrisonburg. We were told Sports Backer for 3/4a. Can someone please verify. Thank you
@ledgers80
09/05/2016 2:21:46 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I think it is all still up in the air. I've heard 3/4 is staying put and 1/2 is still looking for a site. So who knows.
I think it is all still up in the air. I've heard 3/4 is staying put and 1/2 is still looking for a site. So who knows.
10/18/2016 11:20:30 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I have since been told that 1A/2A will be at East Rockingham H.S. and 3A/4A is remaining in Harrisonburg.
I have since been told that 1A/2A will be at East Rockingham H.S. and 3A/4A is remaining in Harrisonburg.
10/18/2016 8:07:39 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Such a shame that UVA does not get involved here. Great track, great location, their own season is over by then. Speaking as a UVA grad, they should take the opportunity to take this meet and help their own recruiting in the process. No disrespect to the good people at Harrisonburg, but that location is just not befitting of a state meet. They always have SAT's on the same day making parking a nightmare. The location is windy with no shade to be found. This is frustrating!
Such a shame that UVA does not get involved here. Great track, great location, their own season is over by then. Speaking as a UVA grad, they should take the opportunity to take this meet and help their own recruiting in the process. No disrespect to the good people at Harrisonburg, but that location is just not befitting of a state meet. They always have SAT's on the same day making parking a nightmare. The location is windy with no shade to be found. This is frustrating!
10/18/2016 9:04:53 PM
Coach
There are cmany facilities that would be better than Harrisonburg. Harrisonburg does a great job hosting the meet- it's just not a state meet facility for all the reasons already stated. In addition to UVA, you have: CNU Liberty Richmond Radford William & Mary Washington & Lee Lynchburg Some of these are amazing facilities and would make it feel special because they have better tracks, better seating, scoreboard/clocks, and because they aren't a run of the mill high school facility. Are none of these willing to take it on?
There are cmany facilities that would be better than Harrisonburg. Harrisonburg does a great job hosting the meet- it's just not a state meet facility for all the reasons already stated.
In addition to UVA, you have:
CNU
Liberty
Richmond
Radford
William & Mary
Washington & Lee
Lynchburg

Some of these are amazing facilities and would make it feel special because they have better tracks, better seating, scoreboard/clocks, and because they aren't a run of the mill high school facility. Are none of these willing to take it on?

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.