Measuring a course
09/21/2016 11:47:18 AM
User
Any suggestions for the best wheel for measuring a course? Is this even the best method? If not, what is?
Any suggestions for the best wheel for measuring a course? Is this even the best method? If not, what is?
09/22/2016 11:44:01 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@Mjacaruso The very best method, in terms of accuracy, is a steel tape measure, but that's very time consuming. The next best method is a wheel. A bicycle with a counter is the third choice and GPS is the very last choice. It really doesn't make much difference what brand wheel you use, although Rolatape is sort of the standard by which others are measured. You do however need a medium or large wheel, the small wheels are for smooth surfaces only. Something in the range of 3ft/1 m or larger. After that, look at the features and find one you like. Prices tend to range from $75 to $125 depending on the features.
@Mjacaruso

The very best method, in terms of accuracy, is a steel tape measure, but that's very time consuming. The next best method is a wheel. A bicycle with a counter is the third choice and GPS is the very last choice.

It really doesn't make much difference what brand wheel you use, although Rolatape is sort of the standard by which others are measured. You do however need a medium or large wheel, the small wheels are for smooth surfaces only. Something in the range of 3ft/1 m or larger. After that, look at the features and find one you like. Prices tend to range from $75 to $125 depending on the features.
10/19/2016 2:32:49 PM
Coach
@CoachMark USATF uses a Jones Counter for road races. You could use this on grass as well if you calibrated it using a precisely measured stretch(using a steel tape) of the same surface.
@CoachMark
USATF uses a Jones Counter for road races. You could use this on grass as well if you calibrated it using a precisely measured stretch(using a steel tape) of the same surface.
10/19/2016 2:58:15 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@kshirk Yes, a Jones counter was what I was talking about when I mentioned a bicycle with a counter.
@kshirk

Yes, a Jones counter was what I was talking about when I mentioned a bicycle with a counter.
11/27/2020 7:18:26 AM
User
Hey. I agree with previous answers. I also do this. But if you have some ohter questions, I think you should get professional consultation. Also you can find a lot of information in internet, for example here you can read about bikes for speed riding - [url=https://bikingbro.com/best-fixed-gear-bikes/]best fixed gear bikes[/url].
Hey. I agree with previous answers. I also do this. But if you have some ohter questions, I think you should get professional consultation. Also you can find a lot of information in internet, for example here you can read about bikes for speed riding - best fixed gear bikes.
12/15/2020 5:59:05 AM
User
Hey dear, you see some guide about [url=https://gearbikesreview.com/how-to-build-your-own-single-speed-bike/]build your own bike[/url]
Hey dear,
you see some guide about build your own bike

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.