WPIAL (D7) New Set up for TRACK Championships with Qualifier meet removed
11/16/2016 7:57:28 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Pine Richland coach forwarded this out to some coaches after speaking with Tom Norris of WPIAL. Helps provide clarity but I'm still unsure how results from dual meets will be verified/used. "Due to a few emails that I received about the WPIAL Championships, I emailed Tom Norris to get some information. To his credit, he called me within about 30 minutes and we talked about as long. Here is a summary of what I think I know. Athletes for the WPIAL Championship will be registered @ pa.milesplit as they have in the past. Registration will open in EARLY April. Beginning Monday, April 17th the top 24-AAA/16-AA performances from pa.milesplit results will be posted at the WPIAL website. This list will be updated every Monday. The final opportunity to have times results posted on pa.milesplit will be MONDAY, May 8th. So meets the weekend of May 5th like PR Invitational, Baldwin Invitational, plus any Saturday or Monday meets would be eligible as long as the results are posted by Monday night. So the Team Championship (Monday) meets would meet this criteria. Limited to No opportunities for any ‘Last Chance’ type meets. WPIAL Track Committee will meet on Tuesday, May 9th. Any 'hand times' (AA) will be adjusted at this meeting. Final WPIAL registration @ pa.milesplit closes on Wednesday, May 10th evening. There will be some type process in place to ‘challenge’ times or distances if you have an athlete who has not qualified but you think should have. I think this has more to do with AA teams who they think do not go to invitationals and will therefore not have results posted on pa.milesplit. Ties (for 24/16) will be eliminated. We talked about the PV and HJ being events that will have a significant number of ties. I looked back at last year’s WPIAL finals and very few athletes will be eliminated who have the ability to compete (clear opening height)."
Pine Richland coach forwarded this out to some coaches after speaking with Tom Norris of WPIAL. Helps provide clarity but I'm still unsure how results from dual meets will be verified/used.

"Due to a few emails that I received about the WPIAL Championships, I emailed Tom Norris to get some information.

To his credit, he called me within about 30 minutes and we talked about as long.

Here is a summary of what I think I know.
Athletes for the WPIAL Championship will be registered @ pa.milesplit as they have in the past.
Registration will open in EARLY April.

Beginning Monday, April 17th the top 24-AAA/16-AA performances from pa.milesplit results will be posted at the WPIAL website.
This list will be updated every Monday.

The final opportunity to have times results posted on pa.milesplit will be MONDAY, May 8th. So meets the weekend of May 5th like PR Invitational, Baldwin Invitational, plus any Saturday or Monday meets would be eligible as long as the results are posted by Monday night. So the Team Championship (Monday) meets would meet this criteria. Limited to No opportunities for any 'Last Chance' type meets.

WPIAL Track Committee will meet on Tuesday, May 9th. Any 'hand times' (AA) will be adjusted at this meeting.

Final WPIAL registration @ pa.milesplit closes on Wednesday, May 10th evening.

There will be some type process in place to 'challenge' times or distances if you have an athlete who has not qualified but you think should have. I think this has more to do with AA teams who they think do not go to invitationals and will therefore not have results posted on pa.milesplit.

Ties (for 24/16) will be eliminated. We talked about the PV and HJ being events that will have a significant number of ties. I looked back at last year's WPIAL finals and very few athletes will be eliminated who have the ability to compete (clear opening height)."
11/16/2016 8:41:42 PM
Wb3
User
SUBSCRIBER
How do they propose to choose relay teams?
How do they propose to choose relay teams?
11/29/2016 10:34:49 AM
Coach
If an athlete in the top 24/16 opts to not do that event, will an additional athlete (25th/17th) be allowed to enter, or will it simply reduce the field?
If an athlete in the top 24/16 opts to not do that event, will an additional athlete (25th/17th) be allowed to enter, or will it simply reduce the field?
11/30/2016 2:35:17 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@kshirk I think it's a no scratch meet, much like States
@kshirk I think it's a no scratch meet, much like States

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.