Varsity and JV
10/08/2017 3:18:26 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I'm looking to enter my team, but it doesn't seem to have a way to differetiate between varsity and JV/Open. Do I just enter everyone I'm want to have race on the weekend and send whomever I want into each race? Thanks
I'm looking to enter my team, but it doesn't seem to have a way to differetiate between varsity and JV/Open.

Do I just enter everyone I'm want to have race on the weekend and send whomever I want into each race?

Thanks
10/08/2017 11:08:53 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@holzkiewuf If this is for MileStat.com XC Invitation, you just enter your runners and then teams are put into categories based on rankings. Then you just run whomever in that specific race and corresponding JV race. - Nolan
@holzkiewuf If this is for MileStat.com XC Invitation, you just enter your runners and then teams are put into categories based on rankings. Then you just run whomever in that specific race and corresponding JV race.

* Nolan
10/08/2017 11:17:45 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
Answered for this question for the coach via email, but just so everyone else is clear and understands. In the online entry system, coaches enter their entire meet day roster for the high school races in the high school division, middle school division, etc. You are basically just selecting all your available runners who you intend on racing in the meet this Saturday in the entry system. There is no declaration needed by the coaches on who will be your varsity, JV, and freshmen runners. Each of your runners are assigned a specific timing chip to wear on their racing shoes. You can put 8 runners on the line in the varsity races and unlimited in the JV/freshmen. All runners should be wearing the chips on their shoes that were specifically assigned/numbered to them in the packets. On Tuesday, I will publish which teams have been selected and placed in varsity A, B, and C divisions as well as the morning/afternoon division split for the JV and freshmen races. Top 30 or so ranked teams in A, next 30 or so ranked teams in B, and rest in C. Coaches have contacted me already with arrangements/conflicts such as homecoming dances in evening that I'm working with their schedules to place in earlier races accordingly. Teams who were not selected for the Varsity A races but have top individuals who can run sub 17 minutes for 5K (boys) or sub 20 minutes for 5K (girls) may opt to have those individuals race up in A in the designated boxes we will have for individuals. They just show up to the start line in those races in the starting box.
Answered for this question for the coach via email, but just so everyone else is clear and understands.

In the online entry system, coaches enter their entire meet day roster for the high school races in the high school division, middle school division, etc. You are basically just selecting all your available runners who you intend on racing in the meet this Saturday in the entry system. There is no declaration needed by the coaches on who will be your varsity, JV, and freshmen runners.

Each of your runners are assigned a specific timing chip to wear on their racing shoes. You can put 8 runners on the line in the varsity races and unlimited in the JV/freshmen. All runners should be wearing the chips on their shoes that were specifically assigned/numbered to them in the packets.

On Tuesday, I will publish which teams have been selected and placed in varsity A, B, and C divisions as well as the morning/afternoon division split for the JV and freshmen races. Top 30 or so ranked teams in A, next 30 or so ranked teams in B, and rest in C.

Coaches have contacted me already with arrangements/conflicts such as homecoming dances in evening that I'm working with their schedules to place in earlier races accordingly.

Teams who were not selected for the Varsity A races but have top individuals who can run sub 17 minutes for 5K (boys) or sub 20 minutes for 5K (girls) may opt to have those individuals race up in A in the designated boxes we will have for individuals. They just show up to the start line in those races in the starting box.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.