Outdoor Track (Computing Region Standards)
02/09/2018 10:41:46 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
For those that are in the know on regions figuring up their post season "standards'. Is there not a formula that all regions should be using. My first go around as coach, ended in 2010 and at that point, the basic standard seemed to be computed by taking last years standard 5 times and the 8th performance at the previous years meet and averaging them. However, when I started back as coach in 2015 it seems like when we went to conference meets, everything changed. Shouldn't the formula for all districts and regions be last years standard x 5, plus last years performance divided by 6 since that is what the state is going to be using.
For those that are in the know on regions figuring up their post season "standards'.

Is there not a formula that all regions should be using. My first go around as coach, ended in 2010 and at that point, the basic standard seemed to be computed by taking last years standard 5 times and the 8th performance at the previous years meet and averaging them. However, when I started back as coach in 2015 it seems like when we went to conference meets, everything changed.

Shouldn't the formula for all districts and regions be last years standard x 5, plus last years performance divided by 6 since that is what the state is going to be using.
02/20/2018 11:17:48 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@rsullins this year's regions are new, so each region is able to choose how they handle post season qualification. Indoors, some regions had qualifying standards, some did an NCAA-esque descending order list, some did a hybrid of these. So it all depends on your specific region.
@rsullins this year's regions are new, so each region is able to choose how they handle post season qualification. Indoors, some regions had qualifying standards, some did an NCAA-esque descending order list, some did a hybrid of these. So it all depends on your specific region.
02/21/2018 10:10:11 PM
Coach
I'm curious about implementing the descending list like the NCAA. I think this is something that could be used very easily and universally, but I'd like the hear details. What is the cut-off date for the descending list- is the district championship meet included, or do you take the list at the end of the regular season and call them the automatic qualifiers? Are only certain meets, FAT, number of schools, allowed in making the list? I'd hate to see an FAT 100m time bumped by a marginally better converted hand-time.
I'm curious about implementing the descending list like the NCAA. I think this is something that could be used very easily and universally, but I'd like the hear details. What is the cut-off date for the descending list- is the district championship meet included, or do you take the list at the end of the regular season and call them the automatic qualifiers?
Are only certain meets, FAT, number of schools, allowed in making the list? I'd hate to see an FAT 100m time bumped by a marginally better converted hand-time.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.