Attention Coaches -- Rules Clinic Information
01/15/2019 11:32:28 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
Outdoor Track and Field rules clinics will be in person for the 2019 season.  One coach from the boy’s and girls’ team and all officials must attend a clinic in January/February/March. Please see the list of dates/locations.  If a coach or official does not attend one clinic, a $50 fine fee will be assessed to complete this requirement online.  If you should have further questions, please contact Chris Robinson crobinson@vhsl.org or 434-977-8475 in the League office. Thursday, Jan. 31st:  Salem HS, Salem, VA, Auditorium 7-8:30pm Tuesday, Feb. 5th:  Robinson Secondary School, Davala Hall 7-8:30 pm Thursday, Feb. 7th:  Floyd Kellam HS, Cafeteria 7-8:30pm Monday, Feb. 18th: James Wood HS, Auditorium 7-8:30pm Tuesday, Feb. 26th, Glen Allen HS, Auditorium 7-8:30pm Thursday, Feb. 28th, Marion HS, Auditorium, 7-8:30pm Tuesday, March 5th, Monticello HS, Forum, 7-8:30pm Thursday, March 14th, Jamestown HS, Cafeteria 7-8:30pm
Outdoor Track and Field rules clinics will be in person for the 2019 season. 

One coach from the boy's and girls' team and all officials must attend a clinic in January/February/March. Please see the list of dates/locations.  If a coach or official does not attend one clinic, a $50 fine fee will be assessed to complete this requirement online.  If you should have further questions, please contact Chris Robinson crobinson@vhsl.org or 434-977-8475 in the League office.

Thursday, Jan. 31st:  Salem HS, Salem, VA, Auditorium 7-8:30pm
Tuesday, Feb. 5th:  Robinson Secondary School, Davala Hall 7-8:30 pm
Thursday, Feb. 7th:  Floyd Kellam HS, Cafeteria 7-8:30pm
Monday, Feb. 18th: James Wood HS, Auditorium 7-8:30pm
Tuesday, Feb. 26th, Glen Allen HS, Auditorium 7-8:30pm
Thursday, Feb. 28th, Marion HS, Auditorium, 7-8:30pm
Tuesday, March 5th, Monticello HS, Forum, 7-8:30pm
Thursday, March 14th, Jamestown HS, Cafeteria 7-8:30pm
01/16/2019 2:00:14 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@vamilesplit Why now? There are no major rules revisions.
@vamilesplit

Why now? There are no major rules revisions.
01/17/2019 12:13:49 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@vamilesplit And, last I checked, we are the sport with the fewest violations in terms of coaches or athletes getting suspended for unsportsmanlike behavior, fighting, etc. I honestly do not understand this decision.
@vamilesplit And, last I checked, we are the sport with the fewest violations in terms of coaches or athletes getting suspended for unsportsmanlike behavior, fighting, etc. I honestly do not understand this decision.
02/07/2019 10:21:22 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
I attended the Robinson High School session on Tuesday, Feb 5. The most interesting and significant rule change is the cross country place judging criteria. As I understand the new rule, regardless of whether or not chip timing is used, the torso across the line is the determining factor and visual/photographic evidence takes priority over computer chips. There have been Virginia state championship medals that would have gone the other way had this rule been in place.
I attended the Robinson High School session on Tuesday, Feb 5.
The most interesting and significant rule change is the cross country place judging criteria.

As I understand the new rule, regardless of whether or not chip timing is used, the torso across the line is the determining factor and visual/photographic evidence takes priority over computer chips.

There have been Virginia state championship medals that would have gone the other way had this rule been in place.
02/09/2019 1:18:20 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
The biggest change was that now everything underneath the uniform is now a foundation garment so there are no regulations for it. They can be whatever color.
The biggest change was that now everything underneath the uniform is now a foundation garment so there are no regulations for it. They can be whatever color.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.