VA Showcase Suggestions
01/22/2019 8:24:07 AM
Coach
Last year I brought about 7-8 Florida distance kids to VA Showcase. This year I brought 12. Some very good boys high school runners that performed well on Sunday. I asked back in November about allowing us to run a 1600 like the rest of the kids on Friday and Saturday and was told you would check. So that never happened. You then sanctioned it for two Florida girls to run with the top girls on Friday and Saturday in the 1600 and 3200 but not for the Florida boys. You don't charge high school coaches that bring one athlete on Friday or Saturday but charge us for bringing 12 on Sunday. Some of us spend a great deal of our own money to get kids up to support your meet and then get charged to get in? Maybe next year treat the Florida distance guys like the girls and the coaches all the same? Thanks Coach Butler Satellite High School
Last year I brought about 7-8 Florida distance kids to VA Showcase. This year I brought 12. Some very good boys high school runners that performed well on Sunday. I asked back in November about allowing us to run a 1600 like the rest of the kids on Friday and Saturday and was told you would check. So that never happened. You then sanctioned it for two Florida girls to run with the top girls on Friday and Saturday in the 1600 and 3200 but not for the Florida boys. You don't charge high school coaches that bring one athlete on Friday or Saturday but charge us for bringing 12 on Sunday. Some of us spend a great deal of our own money to get kids up to support your meet and then get charged to get in? Maybe next year treat the Florida distance guys like the girls and the coaches all the same?

Thanks
Coach Butler
Satellite High School

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.