Throws
05/16/2019 10:07:43 PM
User
I am an eighth grade girl who throws 90+ in discus and 34+ in shotput(6lbs)I have straight a’s in all my ap classes along with playing basketball and volleyball along with track. I am easy to coach and a quick learner. With dedicated training what are my chances of getting into a big D1 school/scholarship. Any and all opinions are appreciated! Brooklynn Bonanno
I am an eighth grade girl who throws 90+ in discus and 34+ in shotput(6lbs)I have straight a's in all my ap classes along with playing basketball and volleyball along with track. I am easy to coach and a quick learner. With dedicated training what are my chances of getting into a big D1 school/scholarship. Any and all opinions are appreciated!

Brooklynn Bonanno
05/19/2019 11:10:01 AM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
@Brooklynn_Bonanno It will totally depend on your work ethic as you go through four years of high school. Your marks are solid for an 8th grader and you likely have some regional experiences in your future for sure. As for anything beyond that, it will depend on many factors, so I don't think you're going to get a lot of people saying D1 is a slam dunk, etc. Just make sure you get stronger and more powerful each year while refining your technique. And be coachable.
@Brooklynn_Bonanno It will totally depend on your work ethic as you go through four years of high school. Your marks are solid for an 8th grader and you likely have some regional experiences in your future for sure. As for anything beyond that, it will depend on many factors, so I don't think you're going to get a lot of people saying D1 is a slam dunk, etc.

Just make sure you get stronger and more powerful each year while refining your technique. And be coachable.
05/20/2019 7:33:27 PM
Coach
Also, don’t ever discount the idea of a D2 or D3 school. There are many academic scholarships ( and of course athletic ones at D2) at these schools, and they are just as well known and recognized as the D1 schools that are so, so selective. D1 is not the end all, be all.
Also, don't ever discount the idea of a D2 or D3 school. There are many academic scholarships ( and of course athletic ones at D2) at these schools, and they are just as well known and recognized as the D1 schools that are so, so selective. D1 is not the end all, be all.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.