Improvement
06/18/2019 9:07:22 AM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Random question, I just finished my freshmen year and specialized in the 400m. I was wondering if anyone knew the average amount 400m times improve during your sophomore year. I know this is kind of an obscure question but any answer would help. Thanks!
Random question,

I just finished my freshmen year and specialized in the 400m.
I was wondering if anyone knew the average amount 400m times improve during your sophomore year.
I know this is kind of an obscure question but any answer would help.
Thanks!
06/19/2019 5:05:34 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
male or female? Everybody's different, but if you've been working hard and continue to work hard I don't think 3 seconds is unreasonable for a male. Of course, if you haven't been working hard, and you start working hard it could be much, much more. A lot just depends on your own personal rate of physical growth, too.
male or female?

Everybody's different, but if you've been working hard and continue to work hard I don't think 3 seconds is unreasonable for a male. Of course, if you haven't been working hard, and you start working hard it could be much, much more. A lot just depends on your own personal rate of physical growth, too.
06/19/2019 5:13:51 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Due to the fact that girls tend to physically mature earlier than boys, I wouldn't expect to see near as much if you are a girl. However, nothing beats hard work. Anybody can drop significant time when they are 15 years old, if they train hard and smart and stay healthy. Eat right, get plenty of rest and lift weights. It all matters.
Due to the fact that girls tend to physically mature earlier than boys, I wouldn't expect to see near as much if you are a girl. However, nothing beats hard work. Anybody can drop significant time when they are 15 years old, if they train hard and smart and stay healthy. Eat right, get plenty of rest and lift weights. It all matters.
06/20/2019 6:24:11 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
I'm a boy. This was also my first year of track I did indoor and out door and got my time down to 61. I plan to do indoor and outdoor next year as well. I don't know if this might change the answer at all
I'm a boy.

This was also my first year of track I did indoor and out door and got my time down to 61.
I plan to do indoor and outdoor next year as well.

I don't know if this might change the answer at all
06/26/2019 6:16:07 PM
User
RUN CROSS COUNTRY!!!!!!!! It will improve everything about your running and will help in the endurance and strength needed to be a good 400 meter man.
RUN CROSS COUNTRY!!!!!!!! It will improve everything about your running and will help in the endurance and strength needed to be a good 400 meter man.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.