With all due Respect.....
03/08/2020 10:19:18 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Nolan, I highly respect all that you do at Milestat.....but with all due respect I think you missed a very important runner in your Milestates poll. Freshman Alli Crytser (Hanover) ran a 9 sec PR in the Class 4 1600 to place 2nd to an incredible runner (Ava Gordon). The top 3 girls beat the old meet record set by Libbie Davidson who was one of the all time greats in VA. Class 4 also claimed the top 3 spots of all classifications in the 1600. On top of that, Alli came back to win the 3200....as a freshman....among the LV powerhouse! According to the milestat database, Alli is the #2 ALL TIME freshman in the 1600 for VA and #31 ALL time in VA among all runners. Heck, I'd say the top 3 girls in the 1600 deserve a place in the poll. Full disclosure, Alli is my kid so I may be a bit biased :)
Nolan, I highly respect all that you do at Milestat.....but with all due respect I think you missed a very important runner in your Milestates poll. Freshman Alli Crytser (Hanover) ran a 9 sec PR in the Class 4 1600 to place 2nd to an incredible runner (Ava Gordon). The top 3 girls beat the old meet record set by Libbie Davidson who was one of the all time greats in VA. Class 4 also claimed the top 3 spots of all classifications in the 1600. On top of that, Alli came back to win the 3200....as a freshman....among the LV powerhouse! According to the milestat database, Alli is the #2 ALL TIME freshman in the 1600 for VA and #31 ALL time in VA among all runners. Heck, I'd say the top 3 girls in the 1600 deserve a place in the poll. Full disclosure, Alli is my kid so I may be a bit biased :)
03/09/2020 1:33:07 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Funny you wrote this- I opened the poll wondering if there would be a “4A Underclassmen Girls” option. Those were some great races! Of course, there were lots of amazing performances...how do you narrow it down.
Funny you wrote this- I opened the poll wondering if there would be a "4A Underclassmen Girls" option. Those were some great races!

Of course, there were lots of amazing performances...how do you narrow it down.
03/09/2020 2:57:16 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
The more I think about it, the 1600 race itself should be a selection. A soph and two freshman all sub 5...all 3 beat the old meet record...all 3 were fastest in all classifications...all 3 girls did the 3200 double. Class 4 distance girls are killing it as a whole. And I agree...States were great from all classifications. I mean the class 5 girls 3200 was a great race and Bethany proved she is head and shoulders above all VA girls with her unattested 1600, 3200 double.
The more I think about it, the 1600 race itself should be a selection. A soph and two freshman all sub 5...all 3 beat the old meet record...all 3 were fastest in all classifications...all 3 girls did the 3200 double. Class 4 distance girls are killing it as a whole.

And I agree...States were great from all classifications. I mean the class 5 girls 3200 was a great race and Bethany proved she is head and shoulders above all VA girls with her unattested 1600, 3200 double.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.