VHSL indoor state meet dates March 1-3
02/02/2021 10:28:21 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
@KimWynn This is a good option for those Virginia track athletes who had their indoor season canceled by their school divisions so they are unable to participate in the state meet. I'd much rather have my daughter compete for a state title, but she can't. 31 school districts canceled winter sports and they still decided to hold the state meet.
@KimWynn This is a good option for those Virginia track athletes who had their indoor season canceled by their school divisions so they are unable to participate in the state meet. I'd much rather have my daughter compete for a state title, but she can't. 31 school districts canceled winter sports and they still decided to hold the state meet.
02/03/2021 4:04:33 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
@cencha50 - you are right. I feel so bad for the athletes of those schools. Too bad that couldn’t put this meet the week after the Va State meet.
@cencha50 - you are right. I feel so bad for the athletes of those schools. Too bad that couldn't put this meet the week after the Va State meet.
02/10/2021 11:34:27 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@cencha50 I thought VHSL didn’t sanction any meets So, how are they holding states which surprised me. Well the state meet be sanctioned as official stats count as a true state champion.
@cencha50
I thought VHSL didn't sanction any meets
So, how are they holding states which surprised me. Well the state meet be sanctioned as official stats count as a true state champion.
02/11/2021 12:43:47 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
@runphi10 I am unsure how they decided to sanction regional and state meets. There were many schools and districts that canceled winter sports and they still decided to have the state meet for those who didn't cancel. I don't know how those records/races are valid if you exclude so many athletes. The 2021 indoor state meets should at the least have an asterisk in the record books. If all athletes don't have the ability to participate, how can you call that fair and equitable?
@runphi10
I am unsure how they decided to sanction regional and state meets. There were many schools and districts that canceled winter sports and they still decided to have the state meet for those who didn't cancel. I don't know how those records/races are valid if you exclude so many athletes. The 2021 indoor state meets should at the least have an asterisk in the record books. If all athletes don't have the ability to participate, how can you call that fair and equitable?
02/12/2021 10:05:41 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@cencha50 I agree cause my son school districts canceled the indoor season and he has a chance at possibly winning in the 55 hurdles and placing in the 55 meter dash. VHSL should have just shut it down and not include a state meet in my opinion.
@cencha50

I agree cause my son school districts canceled the indoor season and he has a chance at possibly winning in the 55 hurdles and placing in the 55 meter dash. VHSL should have just shut it down and not include a state meet in my opinion.
02/12/2021 11:33:14 AM
User
SUBSCRIBER
@runphi10 I agree. My daughter won the 300m last year and wasn't able to defend her title this year, but hey... Good luck to those kids whose season wasn't canceled.
@runphi10
I agree. My daughter won the 300m last year and wasn't able to defend her title this year, but hey... Good luck to those kids whose season wasn't canceled.
02/15/2021 5:48:25 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@cencha50 I got word that VHSL is going to sanction the state meets. Is your daughter a junior or senior this year?
@cencha50 I got word that VHSL is going to sanction the state meets. Is your daughter a junior or senior this year?
02/15/2021 5:51:36 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
@runphi10 My daughter is a sophomore. Are they allowing juniors and seniors to run for recruiting purposes? If so, that is great for them!
@runphi10
My daughter is a sophomore. Are they allowing juniors and seniors to run for recruiting purposes? If so, that is great for them!

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.