Third Battle Invitational Information
Held on the site of the Third Battle of Winchester with the cooperation of the Shenandoah Valley Battlefields Foundation, this meet offers some of the best competition in Virginia on a PR friendly 5,000m of grass, crushed stone, and dirt. The meet has already hosted two Foot Locker national champions, multiple state champions, Foot Locker finalists, NXN finalists, and hundreds of personal records, and the FASTEST 5K TIMES EVER RUN ON A COURSE IN VA(Drew Hunter's 14:20.8 and Weine Kelati's 16:29.0)!
CONTACT COACH SHIRK IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT ENTRIES.
For Information, contact:
Activities Director, Scott Mankins
Head Coach, Kevin Shirk email@example.com
Millbrook High School: 540-545-2800
8:00-9:00 AM Registration for Open Race Located at Finish
8:45 AM Coaches Meeting @ Finish Area or Online HERE
9:00 AM Open Race
9:45 AM Girls' JV Underclassmen(unlimited participants)
10:25 AM Boys' JV Underclassmen(unlimited participants)
11:05 AM Girls' JV Upperclassmen(unlimited participants)
11:45 PM Boys' JV Upperclassmen(unlimited participants)
12:25 PM Girls' Varsity (7 participants)
1:05 PM Boys' Varsity (7 participants)
2:00 Awards (Individual & Team)
Cost: $300 per school
School Payments can be made payable to Millbrook HS
Payments can be sent to:
Scott Mankins, CSA
251 First Woods Drive
Winchester, VA. 22603
$10 per individual in the Open Race and for accepted individuals in the varsity races, payable on the day of the race. Sign-up for the open race is located at the finish line in the middle field as well as through runsignup.com:Third Battle Open Race Sign Up
We have added an open race division on milestat for registration of full teams in the open race. Please only register those who intend to compete on race day. Cost is $10 per individual even for large groups. Individual male/female winners of the open race will receive a complimentary t-shirt or sweatshirt from the meet.
Fast, meticulously measured 5,000m course on the historic Third Battle of Winchester battlefield, located adjacent to Millbrook High School's campus. The course will run on a variety of surfaces including grass, dirt, crushed stone, and some small gravel. The course consists of mostly flat land and small rolling hills. The course runs through cut grass and wide public walking paths, and a beautiful wooded first mile. Racing flats or rubber-soled XC spikes are best suited for this course. We do not recommend plastic-plate track spikes due to occasional loose gravel.
Timing: Ipico chip timing and results will be provided by Shenandoah Valley Runners.
Entry Process: Online via milestat.com
Entries are DUE BY TUESDAY, 10/9/18 at 11:59pm.
This year we are limiting varsity races to only 7 runners. Unlimited JV runners in each race. Please enter only those who truly intend to compete.
-Top 20 Varsity runners receive custom medals.
-Top 3 teams receive engraved wooden plaques cut from trees in the battlefield. Take a piece of the battlefield home with you if your team is top three. First place girl and boy will also receive wooded plaques in addition to their medals.
T-Shirts & Sweatshirts: Will be made on site by American Screen Printing. Pricing TBD.
Concession: We will have a greater variety of concessions this year:
Spectator Parking : Located at Millbrook High School. Parking is approximately 1000m (.62 miles) from the starting line.
Spectator Fee/Donation: We do not charge spectators, but kindly ask for a donation for the Shenandoah Valley Battlefield Foundation(SVBF). Last year, spectator donations to the SVBF totaled exactly$5,798.85. Suggested donation is $5 per car/family.
Absolutely NO PARKING IN THE REGENCY LAKES NEIGHBORHOOD. They will tow cars.
Team Drop-Off: At Millbrook High School only. We can provide transportation for tents and water for teams.
Boys Course Records(Individuals listed once):
1. 14:20.8 Andrew Hunter Loudoun Valley 2015
2. 15:11.2 Dalton Hengst McDonogh School 2016
3. 15:15.8 Peter Morris Loudoun Valley 2016
4. 15:20.2 Karl Thiessen Abingdon 2016
5. 15:21.1 Colton Bogucki Loudoun Valley 2016
6. 15:22.1 Philip Lambert Stafford 2017
7. 15:27.1 TylerCox-Philyaw Millbrook 2015
8. 15:30.6 Ryan McGorty Chantilly 2014
9. 15:33.5 Nick Causey Osbourn Park 2013
10. 15:34.2 Alec Schrank Millbrook 2016
11. 15:34.4 Tristan Colaizzi Georgetown Day School 2015
12. 15:35.0 Hale Ross Potomac School 2013
13. 15:37.2 Ryan Lockett Poolsville 2017
14. 15:37.7 Yared Mekonnen Thomas Edison 2016
15. 15:39.0 Thomas Delaney John Handley 2010
15:39.0 Aaron Hill Battlefield 2013
17. 15:39.7 Dan Horoho Centreville 2015
18. 15:41.5 Jackson Morton Stone Bridge 2015
19. 15:41.8 Gabriel Allgayer Mercersburg Academy 2016
15:41.8 Patrick Lynch George C. Marshell 2016
Girls Course Records(Individuals listed once):
1. 16:29.0 Weini Kelati Heritage 2015
2. 17:10.4 Caroline Alcorta West Springfield 2013
3. 17:27.8 Heather Holt George C. Marshall 2016
4. 17:36.7 Rachel McArthur Patriot 2015
5. 17:54.3 Ciara Donohue Loudoun Valley 2014
6. 17:56.4 Emma Wolcott Tuscarora 2017
7. 17:59.0 Crystal Nelson Millbrook 2011
8. 18:16.2 Hannah Lipps Hampshire 2017
9. 18:19.0 Amber Hawkins James Wood 2012
10. 18:20.2 Kira Freedman Grafton 2017
11. 18:20.9 Georgie Mackenzie Heritage 2015
12. 18:21.7 Nandini Satsangi Poolsville 2017
13. 18:22.0 Olivia Beckner South Lakes 2016
14. 18:23.1 Danielle Bartholomew Osbourn Park 2015
15. 18:27.2 McKenzie Konyar James Wood 2017
16. 18:28.4 Natalie Morris Loudoun Valley 2016
17. 18:29.4 Kyra Holland Fauquier 2017
18. 18:33.4 Rachel Granovsky The Potomac School 2015
19. 18:34.5 Nicole Re Chantille 2017
20. 18:34.9 Ava Hassebrock Tuscarora 2017
- No discussions yet. Be the first!