UP-DATED INFORMATION: PLEASE ADHERE TO THE DEADLINES....THEY HAVE CHANGED!
ENTRIES CLOSE @ 6:00PM SUNDAY FEBRUARY 9th.....
4x800m Relay(s) will be held at COLGAN HIGH SCHOOL on MONDAY FEB.10th @ 4:00pm
1. Date and Meet Location: Thursday February 13, 2020 @ the PG Sportplex 8001 Sheriff Road, Landover, MD
FIELD HOUSE OPENS AT 2:00PM
2. Parking: Athletes may be dropped off at the gate. Busses may park in the spaces closest to the PG County Sportsplex..
3. FIELD HOUSE Policies
Spikes may only be worn during competition (1/4")
Use the trash receptacles that are provided
No glass containers, drinks or food will be allowed on the track surface
All audible devices must be equipped and operated by headphone. NO ELECTRONICS IN THE COMPETITION AREA!
Starting blocks are to only be used at the starting line
Teams are expected to use the equipment and facility in the proper manner
Please remind athletes to throw hip numbers away
4. Facility: 200 meter oval; 8 Lanes Straight-Away
5. Athletic Trainer Osbourn Park and Freedom Emergency transportation requires the coachs approval and emergency card.
6. Concessions: Concession stand will be provided
7. Admission $7.00 Will set up inside of the main entrance to the Stadium
8. Meet Officials
Meet Director: Keith Laine and Mike Feldman
Meet Referee - Mike Feldman
Starter - Darryl Harris
FAT timing Dan Ward Timing (Dan Ward and Mark Form, & Dickie Overton)
Jury of Appeals: TBA (1 Rep from each District)
Clerks: Calinda Hawkins and Sarah Iher
Check In: Osbourn Park and Forest Park (3) per school
9. FIELD EVENTS: Each school will provide one official per assigned field event and (4) student workers per that event.
Pole Vault: Osbourn Park and Colgan:OPENING HEIGHT: GIRLS 7-09.00 BOYS: 10-06.00
High Jump: Colonial Forge and Champe: OPENING HEIGHT: GIRLS: 4-08.00 BOYS: 5-08.00
(4) ATTEMPTS NO FINALS
Shot Pot: Hylton and Potomac
Long Jump: Forest Park and Stonewall
Triple Jump: Gar-Field and Osbourn
Exchange Zones: Freedom and Riverbend
Jury of Appeals -Referee and District Meet Directors
10. Entries: Milestat http://va/milestat.com PASSWORD FOR ENTRIES: 6A-REG-B
All entries will be done on www.milestat.com
Please make sure you have all results from meets on milestat.
Any time or distance that cannot verify will not be entered.
Advancement: Districts will advance the top (6) individual and the top (3) relays placers in their respective District Championship.
Additionally; individuals and relays may advance to the 6A Region B Championships by meeting the 2019-2020 6A Region B and or 6A State Standard(s).
Region Entry Performance:
Conference Meet Performance(s) with the athletes or relays best legitimate performance from the 2019-2020 Indoor Season. All qualifying performances must be posted at http://va.milestat.com.
Entries must be completed at 6:00 PM on Sunday February 9, 2020. After this time, entries will be closed. Please, make sure your District Meet results have been posted on milestat before you do your entries. If you enter prior; then you may have a non-verified entry for the Meet.
THERE IS NO STRATCH MEETING. YOUR ENTRIES ARE DECLARED ONCE THE DEADLINE CLOSES. ENTER THIS CHAMPIONSHIP SO THAT YOUR ENTRIES ARE LEGAL.
The 4 x800m Relay(s) will be seeded Sunday Night Feb 9th and posted.
THE PERFORMANCE LIST WILL POSTED BY MONDAY February 10, 2020 by 4:00pm.
THE SEEDED MEET PROGRAM WILL BE POSTED ON WEDNESDAY February 12, 2020 by 11:00 AM.
The Declaration Rule is in effect. For example; you may enter an athlete in the 55m, 300m, and 4 x 400m, if you scratch the athlete from the 300m they may still run the 4 x 400m but you cannot add them to another event. If you are un-sure please contact me. However, if you enter an athlete in 4 running events plan on scratching during the meet that will not work and the athlete will be deleted from the last events.
Note on SCRATCHES: Each contestant in a running event shall report to the clerk of the course by the third call. Failure to report by the third call will result in a scratch. All individuals declared for participation at the deadline set by the director will have those events count toward their participation limit as specified in rule 84-3-1 whether they compete in them or not.. If an athlete is excused from an event by the certified trainer on site, or a physician, that athlete will be eligible for any and all other events entered unless the certified trainer or physician determines that the athletes health would be in danger with any further participation. No event in the meet is to be delayed because a participant is engaged in another event. If a contestant is entered in a field event, which conflicts with the time schedule with a track event in which he is entered, he shall make advance arrangements with the official in charge of the field event to postpone his trials until after the track event has been run. No track event will be delayed to accommodate a contestant competing in a field event.
11. RULES: 2019 edition National Federation Rule Book and the 2019-20 edition of VHSL Handbook.
12. UNIFORMS: Team members shall wear the school uniform. A competitor must be in the proper track uniform and wearing his contestant number (when numbers are used) before he will be permitted to compete. Numbers, when worn, shall be attached to the front of the jersey for all events. In relay events each team member shall wear the same color and design school uniform (jersey and trunks). When more than one team member wears other apparel under the jersey, that apparel must be identical.
13. Bibs: Bibs and other official packets will be distributed to the coaches at
the Awards Table located at the finish line. Please pick up your packet
prior to the Coaches Meeting. Bib Numbers on to be pinned on the front of
the singlet. Bibsare not necessary in the Pole Vault. However all Vaulters
must show the event Judge their assigned bib.
14. CONTROL OF THE FIELD: Each coach is asked to keep their team in the
stands, off the track and out of the infield, except when an individual is
warming up or participating in an event.
NO ELECTRONICS IN THE COMPETITION AREA. (1) WARNING AND THEN.
15. WARMING-UP: Coaches are asked to instruct their athletes to warm up on the
designated area(s). In the field events, as much as possible, have your
athletes warm-up proper to the first call for the event. Please keep
athletes in the stands except when they are warming up or are competing.
16. Final Advancement Formula: ALL TRACK EVENTS ARE FINALS.
THE DASHES ARE SEEDED BASED ON VERIFIED ENTRY MARKS.
ALL FINALS ARE SECTIONS BASED ON TIME. 1000m will half the field (+1).
We anticipate (1) section for the 1600m and 3200m Runs.
17. Participation Limits: Athletes may be entered in as many field events as
they have qualified in. Athletes may only compete in those running events
that they have been declared.
18. State Meet Advancement: The top (3) individuals and top (3) relays
finishers in the Region B Meet advance as Automatic Qualifiers plus all
those meeting the 2020 6A State Standard will advance to the 6A State
19. Scoring: Through Eight Places (8): 10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1
20. Awards: Championship Trophy and Runner-Up per gender
Medals for the top three (3) Individuals and top three (3) Relays
Championship Patches awarded to the Champion Team
Award envelopes can be picked up at the conclusion of the meet.
21. Call for Events:
First Call 15 minutes prior to the scheduled time of event
Second call 10 minutes prior to the scheduled time of event
Third call 5 minutes prior to the scheduled time of event
22. Field Event Notes:
Shots will be weighed and certified by Head Field Judge.
Long Jump,Triple Jump:, and Shot Put: (4) Attempts - NO FINALS
High Jump and Pole Vault:
Starting height will be determined by the scratch meeting.
Vaulters must be weighed in by Head Field Judge.
23. Additional Information:
Pole Vault and High Jump - No hard hair retainers are permitted
Field event Judges will ask if an athlete is participating inanother event.
There is a 15 min excusal time for an athlete to check out for another event.
The check back time will be recorded.
If there is a tie for a place for the finals in a race - FAT will then go to thousands to break the tie
Coaches boxes will be provided for all field events.
2:00pm Schools Enter Facility
3:15pm Coaches Meeting
Boys and Girls Long Jump 5:30 pm Boys and Girls Triple Jump
Girls Shot Put BoysShot Put
Boys Pole Vault GirlsPole Vault
Girls High Jump Boys High Jump
ALL RUNNING EVENTS ARE FINALS!
MONDAY FEB 10TH 3:30 pm Girls 4 x 800m Relay 3:45 pm Boys 4 x 800m Relay
THURSDAY FEB 13th
4:00pm Girls 55HH
4:15pm Boys 55HH
4:30pm Girls 55m Dash
4:45pm Boys 55m Dash
5:00pm Girls 1600m Run (1 Section)
5:20pm Boys 1600m Run (1 Section)
5:30pm Girls 4 x 200m Relay
5:45pm Boys 4 x 200m Relay
6:00pm Girls 500m Dash
6:15pm Boys 500m Dash
6:25pm Girls 1000m Run
6:35pm Boys 1000m Run
6:45pm Girls 300m Dash
6:55pm Boys300m Dash
7:15pm Girls 3200m Run
7:35pm Boys 3200m Run
7:55pm Girls 4 x 400m Relay
8:05pm Boys 4 x 400m Relay
8:15pm Team Awards
9:30pm Vacate the Facility
- No discussions yet. Be the first!