MileStat.com indoor track & field boys' athletes of the week for each discipline of events after week #1 of the high school indoor track season in Virginia.
Check out all of the race footage that we filmed this past weekend from the Peninsula District Ice Breaker held at the Boo Williams Sportsplex in Hampton on November...
MileStat.com is on-site covering the first indoor track meet of the season at the Boo Williams Sportsplex in Hampton, Virginia with the Peninsula District Ice Breaker.
Additional InformationPeninsula District Icebreaker:
Friday-Saturday, November 30-December 01, 2012
Awards:Top 3 Finishers & Winning Relays will receive awards. No team
Sanctioning: Meet will be sanctioned by the Virginia High School
Facilities:The Boo Williams Sportsplex Track is a
6-lane 200m IAAF certified synthetic surface with two long jumps pits, one
pole vault pit, one highjump pit and a wooden throwing circle.
Spikes: ¼ pyramid spikes only no needle or Christmas tree spikes allowed. Shoes will be checked by the clerks.
Training Room:A Certified Athletics Trainer will be on staff for the meet.
If you are not traveling with a trainer, please supply your own taping
Tickets & Concessions:Tickets for spectators will be on sale at the
door for $8 adults, $4 children under 12 on the day of the
meet. Concessions will be open.
Entry instructions: We will accept the first 20 teams to pay no exceptions. Coaches if you do not subscribe to milestat instructions can be found below All entries must be done online. no exceptions!
Entries: Maximum: 3 entries per event. 1 Relay per school.
Entries will open in early November. You may make changes up until the
closing deadline at 11:59 pm on Sunday November 25, 2012
All entries at this point will be considered final and declared.
Preliminary entry lists and required restrictions will be posted on milestat, Wednesday November 28,2012.
Final heat sheets and schedules will be posted on Thursday November 29, 2012.
Entry Fees:$150 per team (boys & girls separate)$250 for Combined boys/girls team.
Please make checks payable to Bethel High School ATTN Peninsula district Ice Breaker.
Order of Events
Friday Field Events LJ, TJ and SP will contest 3 attempts plus finals; top 6 performers will qualify for finals.
3:00pm Boy's Shot Put followed by Girl's shotput
Girl's Pole vault followed by Boys Pole vault
Boys Triple Jump followed by Girl's Triple Jump
Girl's High Jump followed by Boy's HighJump
Friday Track Events Timed finals (slow to fast heats) unless otherwise indicated
Girls' 55m Hurdles prelims
Boys' 55m Hurdles prelims
Girls' 55m Dash prelims
Boys' 55m Dash prelims
Girls' 55m Hurdles finals
Boys' 55m Hurdles finals
Girls' 55m Dash finals
Boys' 55m Dash finals
Girls' 4x800m Relay finals
Boys' 4x800m Relay finals
The Track will open 60 minutes prior to the first events.
Saturday Field Events
9:00am Girl's longjump followed by Boy's Longjump (portable pit)
Saturday Track Events (timed finals girl's followed by boy's)
1600 meter run
4x200 meter relay
500 meter dash
1000 meter dash
300 meter dash
3200 meter run
4x400 meter relay
How do I register for a meet?
1. Login or Register - You must have a user name and password for MileSplit. To get that, if you don't have one, click register in the top right gray MileSplit bar directly above the site logo
2. Claim Your Team - If you haven't already set this up, you must be registered as a coach or team administrator to register for a meet In order to get set up, you go to your team page, under the team title, click "Claim This Team". Choose either that you want to be a coach or team admin. Follow the instructions on that page. Apply and submit. Once you do that and are approved (usually within a few hours), you will receive a confirmation email and you'll be set to go to the next step.
3. Update Your Roster - If your team's roster is not already up to date, now is a good time to get any corrections made and add any additional athletes to it. Go to your team page, login, and you will see "Team Manager" link under your team's name. Click that and then click roster on left hand toolbar. Enter or update your roster, adding any new athletes. To move graduated athletes to Alumni, simply add their graduation year and hit save.
4. Enter the Meet - Go to the season calendar and click on the green meet registration button of the meet you want to enter. Read and follow the instructions carefully and etner your team. Once entered you'll see all of the available events/races listed out. To put your athletes into these events/races click the "Edit Entries" link by the event. On the following page, check the athletes you want in the race (putting in seed times if applicable), and click the save button at the bottom. Do this for each event/race. You will be able to change and update these entries until the entry deadline.
Note that these instructions are on the US Portal and you will have to return to your state site to actually find your team and enter the meet.
- No discussion yet. Be the first!