is their a rule against high school atheletes competing in open meets against college atheletes
09/19/2013 9:10:13 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I have done alot of research in the rules and I cannot find any rule saying high schoolers can't compete in open races or meets with college athletes does anyone know of any such rule if so please give rule number and book it is in. I don't want opinions just the rule if it exist. I no cross country runners run in college meets often. Thank you
I have done alot of research in the rules and I cannot find any rule saying high schoolers can't compete in open races or meets with college athletes does anyone know of any such rule if so please give rule number and book it is in. I don't want opinions just the rule if it exist. I no cross country runners run in college meets often.

Thank you
09/20/2013 11:22:16 AM
Coach
On the college side of this, there is a rule- NCAA Bylaw 13.11.1.3: In individual sports, it is permissible for an institution's varsity team and an outside team that includes prospective student-athletes to participate in the same open event, provided the event either involves no team scoring or the event uses team scoring such that the institution's varsity team and the outside team are in separate scoring categories. [Reference: Division I Bylaw 13.11.1.3 (competition against prospects).] I'm not sure if there are high school rules against this or not. Also, I believe that by calling them "prospective student-atheltes", the NCAA has closed a loophole that previously existed in that high school runners could simple enter as unattached athletes(this probably applies more to other sports). Either way, it sounds like you're good to go from the college's point of view as long as no scoring takes place or is impacted. The only question is what is an "individual sport"? Is cross country? Is track?
On the college side of this, there is a rule- NCAA Bylaw 13.11.1.3:
In individual sports, it is permissible for an institution's varsity team and an outside team that includes prospective student-athletes to participate in the same open event, provided the event either involves no team scoring or the event uses team scoring such that the institution's varsity team and the outside team are in separate scoring categories.

I'm not sure if there are high school rules against this or not.

Also, I believe that by calling them "prospective student-atheltes", the NCAA has closed a loophole that previously existed in that high school runners could simple enter as unattached athletes(this probably applies more to other sports). Either way, it sounds like you're good to go from the college's point of view as long as no scoring takes place or is impacted.

The only question is what is an "individual sport"? Is cross country? Is track?
09/24/2013 8:43:20 PM
Coach
@kshirk I think for definition purposes any sport that crowns individual champions is considered an individual sport. There are team titles, also in all of those sports. So team sports would be ones like soccer, football, baseball, lacrosse, where there is no individual champion crowned along side a team champion.
@kshirk

I think for definition purposes any sport that crowns individual champions is considered an individual sport. There are team titles, also in all of those sports. So team sports would be ones like soccer, football, baseball, lacrosse, where there is no individual champion crowned along side a team champion.
08/04/2020 6:46:39 AM
User
Thanks, I haven`t heard abot this
Thanks, I haven`t heard abot this
08/31/2020 2:54:53 PM
User
I can't answer your question exactly, but when I need to get some help, I always go to the Essayontime platform. This platform can help with homework and get some unusual information. I also like that [url=https://essayontime.com.au/do-my-homework]https://essayontime.com.au/do-my-homework[/url] provides only up-to-date content. I think it can be useful for all students.
I can't answer your question exactly, but when I need to get some help, I always go to the Essayontime platform. This platform can help with homework and get some unusual information. I also like that https://essayontime.com.au/do-my-homework provides only up-to-date content. I think it can be useful for all students.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.