MayMont XC Invitational
05/28/2016 6:17:31 PM
Coach
Looking at the Fall schedule, does anybody know if the popular MayMont Invitational will be returning? Missed it last year!
Looking at the Fall schedule, does anybody know if the popular MayMont Invitational will be returning? Missed it last year!
05/28/2016 9:39:57 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
To the best of my knowledge it is gone for good. Sportsbackers who put it on is now running a Trailes and Ales race that same weekend. Not positive but I do think Richmond hosting the UCI World Cycling Championships during that weekend last year (2015) complicated things. Last year they put together a lot of events incorporating the cycling during that weekend and likely needed all hands on deck. Plus, it was becoming just a high school thing and I am sure they wanted it to more community based. They are an awesome organization but not generally focused on HS invites. That is why we decided to begin hosting the RVA Relays that weekend. Should be double the size this year with more lighting. Ask around, it was an awesome event and we would love to have you out there! -Nolan
To the best of my knowledge it is gone for good. Sportsbackers who put it on is now running a Trailes and Ales race that same weekend.

Not positive but I do think Richmond hosting the UCI World Cycling Championships during that weekend last year (2015) complicated things. Last year they put together a lot of events incorporating the cycling during that weekend and likely needed all hands on deck.

Plus, it was becoming just a high school thing and I am sure they wanted it to more community based. They are an awesome organization but not generally focused on HS invites.

That is why we decided to begin hosting the RVA Relays that weekend. Should be double the size this year with more lighting. Ask around, it was an awesome event and we would love to have you out there!

-Nolan

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.