VA Showcase
11/15/2017 5:25:56 PM
User
Looks like there is a solid field starting to be put together for this meet. Against who will schools run against that do not sponsor winter/indoor track? Namely Loudoun Valley? Seeing that they would have to run unattached, I would think that them running against schools that do sponsor the sport would be frowned upon by the VHSL. No need to get defensive of me asking this question, I am just wondering.
Looks like there is a solid field starting to be put together for this meet.

Against who will schools run against that do not sponsor winter/indoor track? Namely Loudoun Valley? Seeing that they would have to run unattached, I would think that them running against schools that do sponsor the sport would be frowned upon by the VHSL.

No need to get defensive of me asking this question, I am just wondering.
11/15/2017 6:59:25 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@frankrizzo Loudoun Valley has indoors
@frankrizzo Loudoun Valley has indoors
11/15/2017 7:34:48 PM
User
@OutstandingL My bad.....guess their county web site needs some updating......
@OutstandingL My bad.....guess their county web site needs some updating......
11/15/2017 11:25:03 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@frankrizzo Yea, last year they competed as well. It was a, I think like tier 2 sport or something. Basically last year meant the school didn't financially support the indoor track teams but if they wanted to compete they could fundraise and do it themselves. This year though I believe its becoming a much more full time thing. Helps when you have a really good team to lead the way and convince the county to have it!
@frankrizzo Yea, last year they competed as well. It was a, I think like tier 2 sport or something. Basically last year meant the school didn't financially support the indoor track teams but if they wanted to compete they could fundraise and do it themselves.

This year though I believe its becoming a much more full time thing. Helps when you have a really good team to lead the way and convince the county to have it!

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.