All State
11/16/2017 9:06:40 AM
Coach
Revise a post I put out yesterday concerning All State recognition and medals. Top 15 actually recieve medals but top 7 recieve All State recognition. What do we call the 8-15 runners? Medalists? Top 15 is recognized in the Region and to be consistent I feel the same should apply in the State Meet.
Revise a post I put out yesterday concerning All State recognition and medals. Top 15 actually recieve medals but top 7 recieve All State recognition. What do we call the 8-15 runners? Medalists? Top 15 is recognized in the Region and to be consistent I feel the same should apply in the State Meet.
11/17/2017 7:27:37 AM
Power User
Interesting. I always thought the top 15 were all-state. I went to VHSL website and looked at all-state cross country from 2016 (2017 isn't posted yet) and the top 7 were listed. I just assumed since 15 were recognized that all 15 made all-state. Recognizing the top 15 at this level is the best thing to do in my opinion. Would like to get clarification on this.
Interesting. I always thought the top 15 were all-state. I went to VHSL website and looked at all-state cross country from 2016 (2017 isn't posted yet) and the top 7 were listed. I just assumed since 15 were recognized that all 15 made all-state. Recognizing the top 15 at this level is the best thing to do in my opinion. Would like to get clarification on this.
11/17/2017 10:33:58 AM
Power User
Update: I spoke with a VHSL representative about this question. The official answer according to VHSL is that the top 15 are recognized at the state meet but only the top 7 in each boys/girls classification are classified as all-state. No reasoning was given but at least this is the current recognition policy. Hope this helps.
Update: I spoke with a VHSL representative about this question. The official answer according to VHSL is that the top 15 are recognized at the state meet but only the top 7 in each boys/girls classification are classified as all-state. No reasoning was given but at least this is the current recognition policy. Hope this helps.
12/12/2017 11:05:39 AM
Coach
@petecrys This just makes it so much harder for kids in cross country to get similar recognition to kids in many other sports.
@petecrys

This just makes it so much harder for kids in cross country to get similar recognition to kids in many other sports.
12/13/2017 8:15:44 AM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
In my book, if you finish top 15 (in cross country) , you are still an all-state runner.
In my book, if you finish top 15 (in cross country) , you are still an all-state runner.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.