Girl throws
05/16/2019 5:27:29 PM
User
Hey I’m a eighth grade girl who throws 90+ feet in discus and 34+ feet in shotput with a six pound shot. With quality dedicated training what are the possibilities of going D1
Hey I'm a eighth grade girl who throws 90+ feet in discus and 34+ feet in shotput with a six pound shot. With quality dedicated training what are the possibilities of going D1
05/16/2019 9:30:20 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@Brooklynn_Bonanno Hey! I am not an "expert" but I would say the "big school" cutoffs for girls in the throws would be 140' and 44'. That is to just get you in the door. Scholarships will come flowing if you are in the 150' and 48' range. The biggest thing though is that you are coachable and have good grades. I work with a lot of college coaches and that is the first thing they ask me about a recruit. You're starting early and seem to be already very talented! Wish you the best!
@Brooklynn_Bonanno Hey! I am not an "expert" but I would say the "big school" cutoffs for girls in the throws would be 140' and 44'.

That is to just get you in the door. Scholarships will come flowing if you are in the 150' and 48' range.

The biggest thing though is that you are coachable and have good grades. I work with a lot of college coaches and that is the first thing they ask me about a recruit.

You're starting early and seem to be already very talented!

Wish you the best!
05/16/2019 9:56:17 PM
User
I don’t think the grades will be a problem I in all ap classes with straight a’s and a 4.23 gpa
I don't think the grades will be a problem I in all ap classes with straight a's and a 4.23 gpa

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.