Scheduling conflict
02/18/2020 2:08:46 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Once again this year the girls competing in the 3A/4A Longjump and High jump(several girls do it) will be penalized and not given the ability to perform at their best because they are scheduled at the same time. 3A girls high jump and long jump at the same time while the 4A girls sit and watch. Then the 4A girls compete at the same time in both events while the 3A girls are finished and are cleaning up. I watched my daughter go thru this for several years running down the runway and long jumping, just to have to sprint back to the high jump area to avoid being penalized for missing her turn. Come on, you are supposed to be allowing these young women to showcase years of hard work and possibly earning college scholarships, but instead you are frustrating them, their parents, and coaches. All you have to do is have 3A do one event and 4A the other then flip it around, not rocket science.
Once again this year the girls competing in the 3A/4A Longjump and High jump(several girls do it) will be penalized and not given the ability to perform at their best because they are scheduled at the same time. 3A girls high jump and long jump at the same time while the 4A girls sit and watch. Then the 4A girls compete at the same time in both events while the 3A girls are finished and are cleaning up. I watched my daughter go thru this for several years running down the runway and long jumping, just to have to sprint back to the high jump area to avoid being penalized for missing her turn. Come on, you are supposed to be allowing these young women to showcase years of hard work and possibly earning college scholarships, but instead you are frustrating them, their parents, and coaches. All you have to do is have 3A do one event and 4A the other then flip it around, not rocket science.
02/18/2020 7:28:34 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@Beaverrunners I would definitely recommend you, your coach, or school reaching out to meet management about it. I know Class 5/6 schedule works pretty decently. They flip classifications between high jump and triple jump so that it doesn't conflict with the other. They also do long jumps on Saturday... that is the only field event on Saturday and it starts at 8am so it is brutally early but thankfully doesn't conflict with running events either. I'm bias because I just want to cover the events and interview athletes so I love it but it is rough getting up that early and competing if you're not used to it. Nolan
@Beaverrunners I would definitely recommend you, your coach, or school reaching out to meet management about it.

I know Class 5/6 schedule works pretty decently. They flip classifications between high jump and triple jump so that it doesn't conflict with the other.

They also do long jumps on Saturday... that is the only field event on Saturday and it starts at 8am so it is brutally early but thankfully doesn't conflict with running events either.

I'm bias because I just want to cover the events and interview athletes so I love it but it is rough getting up that early and competing if you're not used to it.

Nolan

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.