Middle School Eligibility
02/24/2020 11:11:10 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Now that a middle school state meet exists, I am trying to get a small program started and need some info. What, if anything, has to be done at the middle school level in terms of paperwork to make athletes eligible. For example, at our high school the kids have to turn in a physical and , along with their parents, sign a rules and regulations form. They are then put on a roster that, I assume, goes on file with the VHSL. Can anybody tell me what needs to be done for middle schoolers? Thanks.
Now that a middle school state meet exists, I am trying to get a small program started and need some info. What, if anything, has to be done at the middle school level in terms of paperwork to make athletes eligible. For example, at our high school the kids have to turn in a physical and , along with their parents, sign a rules and regulations form. They are then put on a roster that, I assume, goes on file with the VHSL. Can anybody tell me what needs to be done for middle schoolers? Thanks.
02/24/2020 12:01:19 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@cawitt Nothing special needs to be done. Each county has their own restrictions whether athletes can compete for their school. If they are cleared to compete for the school then they are good to go. Some will need to compete for a club, a la NBNO, where it would be like Western Albemarle Middle School Track Club. Big thing here though is that the onus will be on them to prove everyone attends the same middle school for relays and team scoring. Hope that helps some!
@cawitt Nothing special needs to be done. Each county has their own restrictions whether athletes can compete for their school. If they are cleared to compete for the school then they are good to go.

Some will need to compete for a club, a la NBNO, where it would be like Western Albemarle Middle School Track Club. Big thing here though is that the onus will be on them to prove everyone attends the same middle school for relays and team scoring.

Hope that helps some!
02/24/2020 1:50:54 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@vamilesplit It does and thanks for the quick reply!
@vamilesplit It does and thanks for the quick reply!

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.