T.C. Williams Invitational 2012
05/06/2012 8:17:06 AM
User
Is there any way that bogus results can be fixed? The timing in the boys 800 was off for sure, and I can only assume if the one race I ran had an error that there were others throughout the meet. I have a video to prove my time and had 3 coaches clock me at 1:59 mid, but the results came up with 2:01. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUQ_5uaEMlM&list=UUDHI9eAK8ckD37leD6K-DFg&index=1&feature=plcp
Is there any way that bogus results can be fixed? The timing in the boys 800 was off for sure, and I can only assume if the one race I ran had an error that there were others throughout the meet. I have a video to prove my time and had 3 coaches clock me at 1:59 mid, but the results came up with 2:01. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUQ_5uaEMlM&list=UUDHI9eAK8ckD37leD6K-DFg&index=1&feature=plcp
05/07/2012 7:43:31 PM
User
There is definitely something shady with there results. For example, I ran that meet last year, I lost to a friend of mine, who videotaped it, by about 15 meters. But in the results it said I won. Shady stuff…
There is definitely something shady with there results. For example, I ran that meet last year, I lost to a friend of mine, who videotaped it, by about 15 meters. But in the results it said I won. Shady stuff…
05/08/2012 7:22:37 PM
User
I don't know if anyone in charge of the meet will see this thread, but I just wanted to extend a big thank you for looking into the situation and fixing my time. I really appreciate it.
I don't know if anyone in charge of the meet will see this thread, but I just wanted to extend a big thank you for looking into the situation and fixing my time. I really appreciate it.
05/08/2012 8:33:50 PM
Coach
@irishrunner2017 If there is a problem with your time, then that is something your coach needs to address with the meet director.
@irishrunner2017
If there is a problem with your time, then that is something your coach needs to address with the meet director.
05/09/2012 8:58:43 AM
Coach
Mistakes happen with timing all of the time. It is up to the coach to look at the results and tell the meet director so that results can be reviewed. Was the race hand timed or was F.A.T. used? Either way can result in human error. With hand timing,the person operating the stopwatch can make mistakes and start the watch early or stop it late. Also the starter can brush up against the timing sensor or make a noise that starts the F.A.T. clock prematurely before the gun. Meet management, who is running the F.A.T. system should see a mistake like that and restart the race if they catch it early enough or adjust the results afterwards. Ultimately, the coach should have addressed meet management and they could have looked at the results.
Mistakes happen with timing all of the time. It is up to the coach to look at the results and tell the meet director so that results can be reviewed. Was the race hand timed or was F.A.T. used? Either way can result in human error. With hand timing,the person operating the stopwatch can make mistakes and start the watch early or stop it late. Also the starter can brush up against the timing sensor or make a noise that starts the F.A.T. clock prematurely before the gun. Meet management, who is running the F.A.T. system should see a mistake like that and restart the race if they catch it early enough or adjust the results afterwards. Ultimately, the coach should have addressed meet management and they could have looked at the results.
05/09/2012 12:48:24 PM
User
My coach and meet management resolved the problem on Monday, thanks for the suggestions though.
My coach and meet management resolved the problem on Monday, thanks for the suggestions though.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.