- 2021 Maroon Tide Invitational has been canceled for this year due to the impending sale of the property.
- Please check back for updates for the 2022 season after the sale of land.
- 2021 Maroon Tide Invitational Cross Country Schedule
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING RACE ENTRIES
- Athlete Race Waiver Form:
- To continue use of the SWVA Training Center the facility management is requiring a waiver signed by your teams parents for each kid participating. Coaches you must print out the waiver form and have all of your kids parents or guardians sign a release form regarding use of the SWVA Training Center property. Bring all of your forms to the team race packet table and turn in the day of the race. Must be signed for any runners that compete. MS, JV, Varsity.
- Click below to download the waiver form: Will be added at a later date
- MEET SCHEDULE
2:30-3:30pm PACKET PICK-UP at the Finish Line area
3:45 pm MIDDLE SCHOOL RACE (2.0miles) Boys/Girls run together (6th, 7th & 8th Grade)
4:15 pm GIRLS VARSITY RACE (3.1 miles) (Top 7 runners only)
5:00 pm BOYS VARSITY RACE (3.1 miles)(Top 7 runners only)
5:30 pm JV BOYS & GIRLS RACE (3.1miles) / Unlimited entries for Grades 9-12 that are not your teams Top 7 Runners)
6:15 pm AWARDS CEREMONY - at the Field behind finish line area
Chip Timing will be used for all races
There will be a $25 charge for each lost chip. Checks payable to Knights Booster Foundation.
ALL ENTRIES WILL BE DONE ONLINE AND MUST BE SUBMITTED BY SUNDAY SEPT. 15 at 6:00pm on www.MILESTAT.COM - Click on the online entry link on the Maroon Tide Cross Country Invitational to enter your team
For additional Information: tquesenberry@Galaxva.com
SANCTIONED: The meet is sanctioned for all Virginia, North Carolina, and West Va. high schools
- VARSITY TEAMS: $60.00 per team Boys or Girls or $120.00 for both teams. (a team consists of 5 runners)
- MIDDLE SCHOOL: $25.00 per team Boys or Girls or $50.00 for both middle school teams (a team consists of 5 runners) Teams will be allowed unlimited athletes in varsity, JV and middle school races. $10.00 per individual runner if No Team includes all Varsity, JV, and Middle School races
Check Payable to: Galax High School Cross Country
Mail checks to:
Galax High School
c/o Galax Cross Country
200 Maroon Tide Drive
Galax, VA 24333
AWARDS: Top 3 teams Boys & Girls varsity race- Top 15 individuals each race
Top 5 JV runners for both Boys & Girls race
Top 10 Middle School runners for both Boys & Girls race
T-SHIRTS: Commemorative race T-shirts will be for sale before and after the race. Concessions will also be available to all runners, parents, coaches
DIRECTIONS: Exit 14 from I-77 south at US58 Go west approx. 3/4 mile turn right on State Rd 707 go 1/4 mile and turn right into S.W. Va. Training center facility. Park buses in field beside starting line area facing the road.
COURSE: The 5K course is mostly grass with a downhill start and two upper loops with gentle slopes with two long downhill stretches in the middle of the race and a downhill finish.
Varsity (5K 3.1miles) COURSE Records
Nathan Brame Radford 15:39 2007
Hannah Moran Salem 18:25.4 2016
Middle School (2.0miles) Course Records:
Boys - Kristian Reynolds 10:54.8 Patrick Co. 2016
Girls - Morgan Dalton 12:23.3 George Wythe 2016
- No discussions yet. Be the first!