Sophie Chase returns from leg pain and wins the Maymont Cross-Country Festival, her first title of the season. Severna Park won the boys’ team title. (via...
Sophie Chase's first 5K of the season was a sub 18 minute performance at Maymont, while her Lake Braddock squad looked like Virginia's best in beating Missouri...
Great American barn-burner in NC! Sean McGorty and Jacob Thomson fly, CBA exerts more dominance. (File photo by Joseph Bond)
High school preview of the 10th annual Maymont X-Country Festival to be held Saturday, September 29th at Maymont Park in Richmond. MileStat.com will be on-site with...
September 28-29, 2012
High School Team Information
It's easy to provide your entire team with major meet experience at the Maymont X-Country Festival!
Each race you enter costs $50. Varsity races are limited to seven runners per team. JV and Freshman races have no limit. So if you enter a boys varsity team of 7 and had a boys JV team of 50, you would pay $50 for each event entered for a total of $100. (Only the top 7 boys in the JV race from each race would be scored). The Maymont X-Country Festival is an affordable way to provide your entire team with major meet experience!
Featuring B-tag timing! Each runner's timing chip is attached to his or her bib and doesn't need to be removed for their time to record. No need to worry about returning chips after the race or having to pay for misplaced chips.
Teams that sign up before September 1 are eligible for discounted tickets to one of the best amusement parks on the east coast, Kings Dominion. With over 15 thrill rides, a trip to Kings Dominion is a great way to complete your team's fun-filled weekend. Tickets are $31.99 each and can be used Saturday, September 29 or Sunday, September 30. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
What's so special about the Maymont X-Country Festival?
Take a look for yourself
A premier cross country meet for High School Teams. To see all of the divisions offered, click here.
Date and Time
Saturday, September 29, 2012
For a race schedule (subject to change), click here.
High School Boys & Girls 5k
Varsity Teams (limited to 7 runners) - $50 per team
JV Teams (unlimited no. of runners, only top 7 scored) - $50 per team
Freshman Teams (unlimited no. of runners, only top 7 scored) - $50 per team
Please make checks payable to: "Sports Backers"
To Register from May 5 through September 17 click the green "Enter Online Now" button at the top of the page.
* High School Teams MUST register using our online system. (Have questions about the online registration process? Visit the FAQ page.)
* THEN Checks for the amount you owe (based on the fees listed above) can be made payable and mailed to:
100 Avenue of Champions, Suite 300
Richmond, VA 23230
* Payment must be received by September 19.
* Once received, entry fees are non-refundable. Any scratches made after payment has been submitted will not result in any refunds.
* All NFHS competition and sanctioning rules are in effect.
* Placement of teams in divisions will be the responsibility of the Maymont Festival and placements will be final.
* Entries will be accepted online during the entry window of May 5 through September 17th at Midnight. All fees are due by September 19, 2012.
* All division assignments will be listed at the meet website and www.milestat.com at 12:00 noon on September 21, 2012.
* For general information contact email@example.com
* For Invitational information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
* The High School event is sanctioned by the National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS) and the Virginia High School League (VHSL). Sanctioning is being requested for Vermont, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Ohio, New York, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Kentucky, Florida, Washington D.C., North Carolina and West Virginia, and Missouri.
The Maymont X-Country Festival high school meet is chip timed. Coaches will receive their team's timing chips when they pick up their team packets on race weekend.
High School Teams Interested in Previewing and Pre-running the 5k Course:
The Course will be open and available to run on Friday Sept. 28th, 2012 from 2 - 5 p.m. Due to the races Friday evening (Elementary school Boys & Girls 1 mile and the Open 5k), the course will not be available after 5 p.m. We will also allow Teams to set-up tents at this time.
For a course map,click here
For directions to Maymont, click here.
Please visit www.outerzonesports.com and click on "Request Rooms" or call 1-800-374-9310 for hotel information.
High School Team Awards will be presented to each member of the top 3 teams in each division. Individual awards will be presented to the top 15 finishers in each Team race.
Packet Pick Up
Packet pick up will be available at Maymont near the Hampton Street entrance on Friday, September 28 from 3 to 6 pm and on Saturday, September 29 from 6 am to Noon. After 12:00 noon, any team packet not picked up will disqualify that school from competition.
Lining up at the Start
All participants are responsible for being at the start of their race on time and should plan on being at the start line 10 minutes early. Please pay close attention to your designated start time and check back the week of the event to confirm the final schedule. If you miss your start time, you will not be allowed to race in another time slot.
Results will be posted on site at Maymont. In addition, they will be posted here and www.milestat.com each evening after the conclusion of that day's events.
Maymont X-Country Festival event merchandise will be available on Saturday, September 29 at the event, as well as online.
Course Entertainment/Fan Support
Please encourage your family and friends to come out and cheer for you during the race. While there they can check out the many great features of Maymont.
Volunteers are the core of any successful event. We will need many volunteers to make this event a winning tradition! Please e-mail Mary Marshall Graeber at email@example.com or call us at 804-285-9495.
Interested in becoming a Sponsor?
Please email Jeff Fitch (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call the Sports Backers office at 804-285-9495.
Brightroom Photography will be on-site for Saturday's races and photographing all event participants. Visit their website the week after the event to look for your photo.
Got an interesting or inspiring story?
We're always looking for good stories on how people came to train for or run in the Maymont X-Country Festival. If you've got one, or know someone with an interesting story to tell, email us.
For additional information, please call the Sports Backers at 804-285-9495 or email us.
- Mental Lesson for All Runners From The Maymont X-Country Festival 2012
Created by Cerreto, 6 replies
- Maymont X-Country Festival 2012
Created by SJPixShooter, 0 replies