Virtual meet preview (based on last year's 5K season best times) for the 2012 Knights Crossing Invitational to be held Saturday, September 8th at Green Hill Park in...
Additional InformationYou and your team are invited to participate in the 9th Annual Knights Crossing Cross Country Invitational this fall. This event is held on an all grass and very fast course at beautiful Green Hill Park. Knights Crossing as been ranked as the 3rd best invitational in the state according to MileStat!
This is also the third race of the Roanoke Valley XC Series.
If you and your team are interested in attending please e-mail Tommy Maguire at email@example.com ASAP!
We will accept the first 60 high school teams.
As of September 5th we have 56 high schools, 26 middle schools, and 10 elementary schools signed up! We have room for 5 more high school teams! Please let me know if you plan on attending!
This is a sanctioned meet!
Schedule of Events:
7:00 am Course Opens
Packet Pick-up/Open Race registration
7:30 am Open Race Registration closed
8:00 am Open 5K Race for men and women
9:00 am Coaches Meeting
9:00 am Elementary School Championship 3K Race - (Boys/Girls) Medals to Top 10
9:15 am Open Race Awards
9:30 am Middle School Championship 3K Race - (Boys/Girls) Medals to Top 10
The "Red" race is for larger schools and out of state teams!
10:00 am Girls Red Race 5K - Top 7 runners per team - Medals to top 15
10:45 am Boys Red Race 5K - Top 7 runners per team - Medals to top 15
The "Black" race is for smaller schools and all private schools!
11:15 am Girls Black Race 5K - Top 7 runners per team - Medals to top 15
12:00 pm Boys Black Race 5K - Top 7 runners per team - Medals to top 15
The "White" race is for all runners who are not in the top seven!
12:30 pm Girls White Race 5k - unlimited
1:15 pm Boys White Race 5k - unlimited
Knights Crossing Meet Records:
Men: Peter Dorrell 15:37.25, 2007
Women: Megan Marsico 18:01.56, 2008
Green Hill Course Records:
Men: David Cheromei 15:03.86 2010 Knights Crossing
Women: Megan Marsico 17:45.75 2008 Metro Champs
Open Race Records:
Men: David Cheromei 15:03.86 2010
Women: Jackie Kosakowski 18:15.35 2010
Team entrance fees are $65 per team ($130 if you are bringing a boys and girls team).
Middle school teams are additional $20 dollars.
Fees should be sent to:
Tommy Maguire, Cave Spring High School
3712 Chaparral Drive
Roanoke, VA 24018.
Please make check payable to Knights Booster Foundation. We will accept the first 60 teams to enter with payment.
We would like to have all entries done through milestat.com. ALL ENTRIES ARE DUE BY SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 2nd AT Midnight. If you are having problems and would like to e-mail your entries please contact Tommy Maguire at: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to Tommy Maguire at: 540-772-2107.
Information for registering online can be found at www.milesplit.us/pages/Online_Meet_Reg_Instructions or the directions are listed below.
1. Login or Register - You must have a user name and password for Milesplit. To get that, if you don't have one, click register in the top right gray MileSplit bar directly under the Universal Sports logo and search box.
2. Claim Your Team - If you haven't already set this up, you must be registered as a coach or team administrator to register for a meet. In order to get set up, you go to your team page, and at the top right, click ?Claim This Team.? Choose either that you want to be a coach or team admin. Follow the instructions on that page. Apply and submit. Once you do that and are approved (usually within a few hours), you will receive a confirmation email and you'll be set to go to the next step.
3. Update Your Roster - If your team's roster is not already up to date, now is a good time to get any corrections made and add any additional athletes to it. Go to your team page, login, and you will see button that says "Team Administration" to the right of your team's name. Click that and then click roster on left hand toolbar. Enter or update your roster, adding any new athletes. To move graduated athletes to Alumni, simply add their graduation year and hit save.
4. Enter the Meet - Go to the season calendar and click on the green meet registration button of the meet you want to enter. Read and follow the instructions carefully and fill out the form completely. Once entered you'll see all of the available events/races listed out. To put your athletes into these events/races click the "Edit Entries" link by the event. On the following page, check the athletes you want in the race (putting in seed times if applicable), and click the save button at the bottom. Do this for each event/race. You will be able to change and update these entries until the entry deadline.
Athletic Trainers: Some space will be available for your team trainers and we will be providing an athletic trainer for limited assistance.
T-shirts: will be on sale as well as a concession stand. Bathrooms are limited; however there will be port-a-johns on site.
Joe Larocco will be the official meet starter. Cave Spring coach, Tommy Maguire will be the official meet director. email@example.com
Directions to Green Hill Park:
From I-81(N or S): Take exit 137 (Salem). Take a right at the bottom of the exit ramp. Follow to 1st traffic light. Go right onto Route 460. Go to the 3rd traffic light and take a left onto Duiguids Lane. Cross the railroad tracks and you will come to Green Hill Park on your right. Please follow signs to 2nd entrance down access road.
Parking will be available through the second right down the access road. There will be parking for cars and buses, free of charge
Holiday Inn Express
1535 East Main Street (540) 986-1000
1886 Electric Road (540) 776-6500
Comfort Suites Inn at Ridgewood Farm
2898 Keagy Rd. (540) 375-4800
179 Sheraton Dr. (540) 562-1912
Knights Crossing Open Race Entry Form
(For 0pen racers only who are not on teams.)
Please mail form & payment for each participant to:
Attention: Tommy Maguire
Cave Spring H.S.
3712 Chaparral Drive
Roanoke, VA 24018
Please make checks payable to Knights Booster Foundation.
Early registration by September 2nd $12.00
Late registration after September 2nd $15.00
*All elementary school runners $6.00
All participants will receive a t-shirt.
City: ____________ State: ____ Zip: ______
Email address: _________________________
*Please make note if you are an elementary school runner and what club you are running for: _________________________________
Adults: XS S M L XL
Age as of 9/08/12: _____ Date of Birth: ____
Gender: ____Male ____Female
Awards top 3 overall and each age group:
1-9, 10-13, 14-17, 18-22, 23-29, 30-35, 36-40, 41-45, 46-50, 51-55, 56-60, 61-69, 70+.
Waiver: I, the undersigned, do hereby waive and release myself, heirs, executors, and administrators, any and all whatsoever that I may have against Cave Spring High School, Roanoke County Board of Supervisors, Roanoke County Parks, Recreation & Tourism and all participants, staff and volunteers involved in this event. I also acknowledge that I fully understand that there is a risk of injury or death in any sport and that I am physically fit and capable of competing in, and completing this event.
(Parent/Guardian if participant is under 18)
- No discussion yet. Be the first!