The 24th annual Fred Hardy Invitational (formerly known as the Fork Union Indoor Invitational) had an impressive collection of winning performances spread out among the...
Additional InformationDear Coach,
We are pleased to offer your school an invitation to the Fred Hardy Jr. Invitational to be held January 19th, 2013. The deadline for entries is January 15th at 5:00pm. All entry fee money should be in by January 5th when online entry will be available. The link for entering will be posted in the near future on milestat.com and you must be given a password in order to enter.
Enclosed is a list of guidelines that we ask you to follow. We hope you will join us as we celebrate the 4th edition of the Fred Hardy Jr. Indoor Track Invitational and the 24th edition of the meet formerly known as the Fork Union Invitational.
1. ONE ENTRY PER EVENT IS PERMITTED, TWO IF BOTH MEET THE MINIMUM STANDARD. PERFORMANCES MUST BE DOCUMENTED.
2. ENTRY DEADLINE IS JANUARY 15TH. NO CHANGES ARE PERMITTED AFTER ENTRIES HAVE BEEN SUBMITTED. NO REFUNDS UNLESS THE MEET IS CANCELLED. ENTRIES WILL BE MADE ON-LINE THIS YEAR ON THE MILESPLIT NETWORK. PAPER ENTRIES OR EMAILED ENTRIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. MAIL ENTRY FEE TO : FUMA, BOX 278, C/O WINSTON BROWN, FORK UNION, VA. 23055. MAKE CHECKS PAYABLE TO FUMA.
3. CUSTOM MEDALS WILL BE GIVEN TO THE TOP SIX INDIVIDUALS IN EACH EVENT INCLUDING RELAYS. TROPHIES WILL BE GIVEN TO THE TOP THREE TEAMS IN BOTH GIRLS AND BOYS COMPETITION. THERE WILL ALSO BE FOUR M.V.P. AWARDS GIVEN OUT.
4. ALL CAMPUS BUILDINGS ARE OFF LIMITS. COMPETITIORS CAUGHT IN BARRACKS OR CLASSROOM BUILDINGS WILL BE EXCUSED FROM THE MEET.
5. PLEASE DO NOT BRING ATHLETES AND STUDENTS, WHO ARE NOT COMPETING IN THE MEET.
6. PARKING WILL BE AVAILABLE ON THE BOTH SIDES OF THE CAMPUS INCLUDING BEHIND THE ESTES CENTER. WE WILL ALLOW BUSES TO DROP OFF ATHLETES AT THE ESTES CENTER AND THEN PARK IN THE ASSIGNED AREAS. SIGNS WILL BE IN PLACE TO DIRECT ALL VEHICLES.
7. T-SHIRTS AND CONCESSIONS WILL BE AVAILABLE.
8. FOR QUESTIONS CONTACT WINSTON BROWN AT 434-842-4289 OR 434-842-4280. EMAIL - firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. FORK UNION MILITARY ACADEMY IS LOCATED ON ROUTE 15 IN FORK UNION, VIRGINIA.
ORDER OF EVENTS
9:30 AM SCRATCHES DUE
10:00 AM FIELD EVENTS START
BOYS' TJ AFTER GIRLS LJ
GIRLS TJ AFTER BOYS'
10:30 RUNNING EVENTS
GIRLS THEN BOYS
55 HIGH HURDLE SEMIS
55 DASH SEMIS
55 HIGH HURDLE FINAL
55 DASH FINAL
EVERY SCHOOL GETS ONE ENTRY PER EVENT. FOR TWO ENTRIES PER EVENT BOTH MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING STANDARDS
BOYS LONG JUMP - 19'0
GIRLS LONG JUMP - 15'0
BOYS TRIPLE JUMP - 41'0
GIRLS TRIPLE JUMP - 33'0
BOYS HIGH JUMP - 5'10
GIRLS HIGH JUMP - 4'10
BOYS POLE VAULT - 11'0
GIRLS POLE VAULT - 9'0
BOYS SHOT PUT - 43'0
GIRLS SHOT PUT - 32'0
BOYS 55 HH - 8.8
GIRLS 55 HH - 10.4
BOYS 55 DASH - 6.9
GIRLS 55 DASH - 7.8
BOYS 1600 - 4:45
GIRLS 1600 - 5:30
BOYS 500 - 1:13
GIRLS 500 - 1:26.0
BOYS 1000 - 2:49.0
GIRLS 1000 - 3:15.0
BOYS 300 - 38.0
GIRLS 300 - 47.0
BOYS 3200 - 10:15.0
GIRLS 3200 - 12:20
150 DOLLARS PER SCHOOL
20 PER INDIVIDUAL ENTRY FOR SCHOOLS WITH FEWER THAN 5 ATHLETES.
FEE IS NON REFUNDABLE UNLESS MEET IS CANCELLED.
ENTRY FEE IS DUE ON JANUARY 5TH TO HOLD YOUR TEAM'S SPOT IN THE MEET.
ENTRIES ARE DUE JANUARY 15TH, 2011. ON-LINE ENTRY WILL OPEN ON JANUARY 1ST.
Note that these instructions are on the US Portal and you will have to return to your state site to actually find your team and enter the meet.
- No discussion yet. Be the first!