Article Comment: Meet of Champions? MileStat.com XC Invitational Team Preview
10/16/2014 9:46:35 AM
User
Not quire understanding the analysis of Maggie Walker boys. Are you implying that Newport News is a tough course? It is certainly a flatter, faster course than the ones you disparage as not being "real cross country courses".
Not quire understanding the analysis of Maggie Walker boys. Are you implying that Newport News is a tough course? It is certainly a flatter, faster course than the ones you disparage as not being "real cross country courses".
10/16/2014 12:47:47 PM
User
Maggie Walker has both an awesome boys team and girls team no doubt. I'm not familiar with the Big Cat course but most runners in the race had PRs...many by 30 seconds or more. I'm sure some of it has to do with it being later in the season but it seems like a fast course by the times.
Maggie Walker has both an awesome boys team and girls team no doubt.

I'm not familiar with the Big Cat course but most runners in the race had PRs...many by 30 seconds or more. I'm sure some of it has to do with it being later in the season but it seems like a fast course by the times.
10/16/2014 6:12:38 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Leprechaun,not sure what results you were looking at from Big Cat but not many PR'd at all and if they did it was because they hadn't ran any kind of fast course at all. Big Cat was wet and a little muddy. It might be flat but with all the twist and turns on the course it is definitely not fast especially the fast you are trying to take those turns it really slows you down. I look for Maggie Walker to have some PR's at Pole Green/
Leprechaun,not sure what results you were looking at from Big Cat but not many PR'd at all and if they did it was because they hadn't ran any kind of fast course at all. Big Cat was wet and a little muddy. It might be flat but with all the twist and turns on the course it is definitely not fast especially the fast you are trying to take those turns it really slows you down. I look for Maggie Walker to have some PR's at Pole Green/
10/16/2014 8:51:02 PM
User
@Run4Him Not sure if you were referring to Maggie Walker Boys or Girls, but on the Boys side it looks their entire top 7 pr'ed at Big Cat if Milestat has accurate records. They are great team none the less and I am sure they will be in the mix on Saturday
@Run4Him Not sure if you were referring to Maggie Walker Boys or Girls, but on the Boys side it looks their entire top 7 pr'ed at Big Cat if Milestat has accurate records. They are great team none the less and I am sure they will be in the mix on Saturday
10/17/2014 12:46:40 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
That was a generalization of the course and competition as a whole not necessarily directed at Maggie Walker. Just wanted to say by no way should Big Cat be considered a fast course especially not this year.
That was a generalization of the course and competition as a whole not necessarily directed at Maggie Walker. Just wanted to say by no way should Big Cat be considered a fast course especially not this year.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.