3rd Annual Riflemen Classic Cross Country Invitational
Hosted at Kernstown Battlefield
Saturday, October 5, 2019
Brian Dorsey, Athletic Director, DMMS
Emily DeAngelis, Head Girls Cross Country Coach, DMMS
Joey Young, Head Boys Cross Country Coach, DMMS
Facility:Kernstown Battlefield, Winchester, VA
Time Schedule:8:30 am - Coaches Meeting
9:00 am - MS Girls Race
9:30 am - MS Boys Race
10:10 - Awards
Course: 2 miles
Course Setup: Mark Stickley, Head Boys Cross Country Coach, JHHS
Admission Fees: $5 per person (if walking in) or $5 per car for parking
Entry Fee: $125 for both teams, $65 for one team
Entry Fee Deadline: Wednesday, October 2, 2019
Make checks payable to:
Daniel Morgan Middle School
Attn: Brian Dorsey
48 S. Purcell Ave.
Winchester, VA 22601
Entry Information: Unlimited Entries
Entries will be online -
Timing:5Runners Racing Timing - Ed Schrank - firstname.lastname@example.org
Comm. Shirts: Available for purchase
Awards:Girls and Boys
Medals for top 15 in each race
Plaques for top 2 teams in each race
Directions to Kernstown Battlefield
From I-81 (North or South)
Take EXIT 310
At the end of the exit ramp, follow signs toward Rt. 37 North (Winchester/Kernstown)
Exit off Rt. 37 toward Winchester/Kernstown/Rt. 11 North
You travel on Rt. 37 North for less than ? mile!!!
At the end of the exit ramp, turn RIGHT - Rt. 11 North (Winchester/Kernstown)
Go approximately 1.5 miles
Turn LEFT on Battle Park Drive (just prior to the Saturn car dealership)
Continue STRAIGHT to Kernstown Battlefield
All Parking will be in the field to the left after entering through the gate.
We welcome you and your team to the 2nd Annual Riflemen Classic! We are looking forward to a terrific meet on what we believe is one of the best cross country courses in the state.
In order to provide a safe meet and continue our use of the Kernstown Battlefield we would like to remind you of a few important tips:
Please bring water for your team. While we will do our best to provide sufficient water please bear in mind that there is no running water at the Battlefield.
In case of extreme weather we may cancel or postpone the meet. Lightning, high winds and heat are the most likely issues we may face. Per VHSL rules, we will adjust the races as necessary to make sure we are in line with HEAT INDEX recommendations
In addition, we ask that you and your team respect the Kernstown Battlefield property and the Kernstown Battlefield Association (KBA). We respectfully ask that you abide by these rules:
1) Do not allow buses to drive on the KBA property. Please pull into the Battlefield and immediately turn to the left and drop off the athletes in the field once the bus is parked.
2) We request that parents or others driving to the meet, park in the area designated for parking, immediately to the left as you enter the battlefield. Please refrain from parking outside the grounds and then entering the course. Please stay away from the buildings on the property.
a. Handicapped parking will be identified and available at the request of the driver.
3) Do not allow runners, coaches or fans to sit or climb on the stone wall or other parts of the KBA property.
4) Stay out of all buildings on the property except the main shed where packet pickup is located along with t-shirt sales.
5) Do not allow any object to be thrown; Frisbees, footballs etc... on the property. There is a legitimate concern by the KBA about possible damage to historic property items, like windows, that are irreplaceable.
6) Stay on mowed paths while on the KBA property when racing, viewing the race or warming up to prevent possible injuries from hazards on the property, like overgrown brush, rocks, groundhog holes, poison ivy, ticks, bees or other unforeseen issues.
7) Please remove all trash prior to leaving the grounds
8) Please treat KBA volunteers with respect and honor any requests they may make. DMMS ATHLETICS