You and your team are invited to participate in the 16th Annual Knights Crossing Cross Country Invitational this fall. This event is held on an all grass and very fast course at beautiful Green Hill Park. Knights Crossing as been ranked as the 3rd best invitational in the state according to MileStat!
*HOME of the 2019 (1-3A) VHSL State Championships
*IPICO chip timing provided by Laurence Loesel and SNAP TIMING.
If you and your team are interested in attending please e-mail Tommy Maguire at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will accept the first 80 high school and 60 middle school teams.
* Due to several high and middle school teams not being complete full teams we will take up to the first 85 high schools and 65 middle schools. Once we reach these numbers the meet will be closed.
As of August 27th we have 86 (full) high schools, 65 (full) middle schools, and 6 elementary schools signed up!
Please let me know if you plan on attending so we can reserve you a spot!
Last year we had teams attending from: Alabama, Kentucky, North Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, & West Virginia
This is a NFHS sanctioned meet!
Joe Larocco will be the official meet starter. Cave Spring coach, Tommy Maguire will be the official meet director. email@example.com
Our #1 goal with Knights Crossing is to provide a fun atmosphere were runners can race on a fast course and get an early season 5k PR. We pride ourselves with running a professional and entertaining invitational. It is an opportunity for out-state, in-state, and local runners to showcase their early season talents in a large invitational atmosphere.
Schedule of Events:
7:00 am Course Opens
Packet Pick-up/Open Race registration
8:00 am Open 5K Race for men and women
9:05 am Coaches Meeting
9:00 am Elementary School Championship 1K Race - (Boys/Girls) Medals to everyone
9:15 am Open Race Awards
9:30 am Girls Middle School Championship 4K Race - (Medals to Top 25
10:00 am Boys Middle School Championship 4K Race - (Medals to Top 25
The "Red" race is for VA public schools and out of state teams!
10:30 am Girls Red Race 5K - Top 10 runners per team - Medals to top 25
11:15 am Boys Red Race 5K - Top 10 runners per team - Medals to top 25
The "Black" race is for VA public schools and private schools!
11:45 am Girls Black Race 5K - Top 10 runners per team - Medals to top 25
12:30 pm Boys Black Race 5K - Top 10 runners per team - Medals to top 25
The "White" race is for all out of state and VA public school runners who are not in the top ten!
1:15 pm Girls White Race 5k - unlimited
2:00 pm Boys White Race 5k - unlimited
The "Gold" race is for all private school and VA public school runners who are not in the top ten!
2:30 pm Boys & Girls Gold Race 5k - unlimited
Knights Crossing Meet Records:
Bowers 15:06.80, 2017
Women: Libby Davidson 17:36.70, 2014
Green Hill Course Records:
Men: David Cheromei 15:03.86 2010 Knights Crossing
Women: Libby Davidson 17:36.70 2014 Knights Crossing
Knights Crossing Open Race Records:
Men: David Cheromei 15:03.86 2010
Women: Jackie Kosakowski 18:15.35 2010
Team entrance fees are $120 per team ($200 if you are bringing a boys and girls team).
Middle school teams are an additional $75 dollars.
Fees should be sent to:
Tommy Maguire, Cave Spring High School
3712 Chaparral Drive
Roanoke, VA 24018.
Please make check payable to Knights Booster Foundation not Cave Spring High School. We will accept the first 80 teams to enter with payment.
We would like to have all entries done through milestat.com. ALL ENTRIES ARE DUE BY SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 1st AT Midnight. If you are having problems and would like to e-mail your entries please contact Tommy Maguire at: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to Tommy Maguire at: 540-772-2107.
Information for registering online can be found at www.milesplit.us/pages/Online_Meet_Reg_Instructions or the directions are listed below.
1. Login or Register - You must have a user name and password for Milesplit. To get that, if you don't have one, click register in the top right gray MileSplit bar directly under the Universal Sports logo and search box.
2. Claim Your Team - If you haven't already set this up, you must be registered as a coach or team administrator to register for a meet. In order to get set up, you go to your team page, and at the top right, click ?Claim This Team.? Choose either that you want to be a coach or team admin. Follow the instructions on that page. Apply and submit. Once you do that and are approved (usually within a few hours), you will receive a confirmation email and you'll be set to go to the next step.
3. Update Your Roster - If your team's roster is not already up to date, now is a good time to get any corrections made and add any additional athletes to it. Go to your team page, login, and you will see button that says "Team Administration" to the right of your team's name. Click that and then click roster on left hand toolbar. Enter or update your roster, adding any new athletes. To move graduated athletes to Alumni, simply add their graduation year and hit save.
4. Enter the Meet - Go to the season calendar and click on the green meet registration button of the meet you want to enter. Read and follow the instructions carefully and fill out the form completely. Once entered you'll see all of the available events/races listed out. To put your athletes into these events/races click the "Edit Entries" link by the event. On the following page, check the athletes you want in the race (putting in seed times if applicable), and click the save button at the bottom. Do this for each event/race. You will be able to change and update these entries until the entry deadline.
Athletic Trainers: Some space will be available for your team trainers. We will be providing an athletic trainer for limited assistance.
T-shirts: will be on sale on day-of meet.
Concessions: Basic concessions will be available near the start/finish line along with other food vendors.
Course Map: All new 2019 Course changed to accommodate larger races. This will be the same course as the 2019 State meet hosted at Green Hill Park in November. Link is below.
Restrooms: are limited. However there will be 20 port-a-johns on site.
Directions to Green Hill Park:
From I-81(N or S): Take Exit 137 (Salem). Take a right at the bottom of the exit ramp. Follow to 1st traffic light. Go right onto Route 460. Go to the 3rd traffic light and take a left onto Diuguids Lane. Cross the railroad tracks and Green Hill Park will be on your right. Please follow signs to 2nd entrance down access road.
Parking will be available through the second right down the access road. There will be parking for cars and buses, free of charge.
Hotel Information Link: