VHSL CLASS 5 REGION "A" OUTDOOR T&F CHAMPIONSHIPS - REVISED
June 5, 2021
Hosted by: Gloucester High School
Gloucester High School Sports Complex
6680 Short Lane Road
Gloucester, Virginia 23061
2021 VHSL CLASS 5 REGION "A" OUTDOOR TRACK & FIELD CHAMPIONSHIPS
June 5, 2021 Gloucester High School Track & Field Sports Complex
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS*
SATURDAY, JUNE 5, 2021
8:00 AM COACHES PACKET PICK-UP AT BUS DROP-OFF
8:30 AM Certification of Girls & Boys Shot Put/Discus - Weigh-in
9:00 AM Girls Shot Put (3) (Circle #1) - Finals
9:00 AM Boys Shot Put (3) (Circle #2) - Finals
9:00 AM Girls Triple Jump (3) (Pit #2 near Discus Cage) followed by Boys Triple Jump (3) (Pit #2 near Discus Cage)
9:00 AM Boys High Jump followed by Girls High Jump - Finals
RUNNING/FIELD EVENTS - FINALS
9:15 AM Boys 3200 Meter Run - Finals
11:00 AM Boys Discus (3) followed by Girls Discus (3) - Finals
12:15 PM Boys 4x800 Meter Relay - Finals
12:30 PM Girls 100 Meter High Hurdles - Finals (33")
12:45 PM Boys 110 Meter High Hurdles - Finals (39")
1:00 PM Girls 100 Meter Dash - Finals
1:15 PM Boys 100 Meter Dash - Finals
2:15 PM Boys 4x100 Meter Relay - Finals (Sections)
2021 VHSL CLASS 5 REGION "A" OUTDOOR TRACK & FIELD CHAMPIONSHIPS
1. DATES: SATURDAY, JUNE 5, 2021
2. PLACE: Gloucester High School Sports Complex
3. FACILITIES: 400 Meter, 8 Lanes (48") All-weather track, (2) Concrete Shot Put Circles, (1) Discus Cage (CONCRETE PAD). All-weather surfaces on LJ/TJ/PV runways and HJ surface. 1/8" (HEX ONLY) or less spikes and flats may be used on the all-weather surfaces. SPIKES will be checked UPON arrival at the CLERKING area. Chalk/Tennis Balls ONLY on the LJ/TJ/HJ and Pole vault runways.
4. Locker rooms are NOT available so come dressed to participate. RESTROOMS are located on Home/Visitor side of the stadium.
5. ADMISSION: $10.00 each day. VHSCA, VIAAA & VHSL PRINCIPALS AND HONORED GUEST PASSES WILL BE ACCEPTED. DISTRICT (CONFERENCE) & FACULTY passes WILL NOT be accepted.
6. ATHLETES: Athletes will be admitted FREE at the BACK GATE entrance to the stadium. Athletes will be admitted by wearing your school issued uniforms and wearing "ISSUED WRIST BANDS". Athletes NOT in school issued uniform or wearing a "MEET ISSUED WRIST BAND" will have to PAY in order to enter the stadium. Athletes will ENTER and EXIT through the gate located next to the BACK GATE.
7. EQUIPMENT: Meet management will furnish STARTING BLOCKS/BATONS ONLY. All other equipment, team or personal must be furnished by the competing schools. UNIFORM RULES WILL BE ENFORCED.
8. WEATHER: In case of bad weather (LIGHTNING) the teams will be asked to go into the AUXILIARY GYM/MAIN GYM located near the stadium. EVERYONE has to vacate the stadium area!
9. RULES: 2021 EDITION OF NATIONAL FEDERATION OF STATE HIGH SCHOOLS TRACK & FIELD RULES AND VHSL RULES WILL BE ENFORCED.
10. SCORING: 10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1
11. AWARDS: 5 Region "A" Policy! AWARDS will be presented at the conclusion of each FINALIZED event and presented by Winning Coach of each event.
12. PERFORMANCE LIST: The performance list will be on-line @ Milestat.com
13. ENTRIES: Regional entries for all open & relay events are limited to the top (4) in each EVENT INDIVIDUAL RACE the top (1) RELAYS.
14. ENTRY FORMS: Official Regional entries must be submitted online via Milestat.com NO later than 11:59 PM, Monday, May 31, 2021. Entry performances must be the BETTER of their Meet performance (Trial or Finals) or from a 2021 Outdoor Season Meet of (4) or more teams. (REVISED)
15. ENTRIES EDITED: You may edit the on-line at any time up until 11:59 PM DEADLINE: on Monday, May 31, 2021. Your entries as of this deadline will be considered FINAL and DECLARED. (REVISED)
16. DECLARATION: Entries declared at the deadline on Monday will be confirmed as entered. They WILL count against the athletes MAXIMUM ALLOWABLE events whether they contest them or not.
17. RELAYS: Relay teams will be declared on a relay card provided at the meet at the time of event check-in. DECLARATION: SIX (6) athletes may be listed any FOUR (4) of whom may run. The relay will count as an event only for those FOUR (4) athletes who actually compete. ALL RELAY RUNNERS AND ALTERNATES MUST BE LISTED ON YOUR ONLINE ENTRY. NOTE: that the only way to enter an athlete who is only going to be used as a relay runner is to list them in one of the (8) slots allowed for each relay. DO NOT ENTER MORE THAN EIGHT (8) NAMES FOR ANY ONE RELAY.
18. WEIGH-INS: The Girls/Boys Shot Put weigh-in will take place on Saturday, June 5th @ 8:00 a.m. The Girls/Boys Discus weigh-in will take place Saturday, June 5th @ 10:00 a.m. (Visitors side Concession Stand). All implements not meeting specifications will be impounded until the end of the meet. Only those implements properly inspected and so marked may be used at the meet.
19. Field Events: There will be ONLY (3) THROWS and FINALS.
20. CERTIFICATION: The girls/boys pole vault pole certifications and weigh-in will take place on Saturday, June 5th @ 10:00 a.m.
21. STARTING HEIGHTS: STARTING HEIGHTS and PROGRESSIONS will be determined by the GAMES COMMITTEE. The GAMES COMMITTEE will consist of each Regional Meet Director.
22. Who Advances: Top (4) finishers in each event.
23. REGIONAL T-SHIRTS: Regional Championships T-Shirts will be sold.
24. CONCESSIONS: Concession stand will be located under the bleachers on the Home side of the track!
25. ELECTRONIC DEVICES: Electronic devices will be allowed in the stadium. NO Electronic devices will be allowed in the COMPETITION area. COMPETITION AREA is the fenced areas on the inside and outside of the track which includes the Shot Put, Discus, Pole Vault and Triple jump areas.
26. TEAM CAMPS: Team camp areas will be posted. NO Tents in the bleachers on the HOME SIDE of the stadium but they are ALLOWED on the top of the bleachers on the VISITORS side. Umbrellas only at the TOP of the bleachers. Please be courteous to other paying spectators!
27. WARM-UP: Teams will be allowed to warm-up on the track until the meet starts. There will be a grassy warm-up area adjacent to the track and behind the MAIN stadium USED ONCE THE MEET STARTS. THE VISITORS SIDE of the stadium will be used for warm-ups also. We ask that you use the blocks/hurdles provided. The FOOTBALL FIELD IS OFF LIMITS TO ALL WARMUPS!
28. PARKING: Parking area for spectators is located just past the main high school entrance. Team buses will drop off athletes in the circle near the Sports Complex main entrance. BUSES will park in the school MAIN parking lot. Handicap parking is available for those with decals near the stadium. Please DO NOT PARK in the FIRE LANES going towards the stadium. School buses will not be able to safely maneuver through this area! PARKING LOT next to the stadium is for Meet management, officials and volunteers ONLY!
28. Track - Fans MUST separate 10 feet from non-family members OR wear a mask the entire time.
IMPORTANT ENTRY REMINDERS:
a. ALL Regional Entries must be submitted online via Milestat.com.
b. You may EDIT your online entries at any time prior to 11:59 PM on Monday, May 31, 2021. After that time ALL online ENTRIES will be considered FINAL and DECLARED and will count against the ATHLETESS maximum allowable events.(REVISED)
c. ALL athletes including any possible relay alternates MUST be entered on-line. DO NOT enter more than (8) athletes for any one relay on the Milestat.com Entry. Please use these slots to enter all athletes who may be used on any of your relay teams and are NOT entered in any INDIVIDUAL event at the meet. You will be allowed to use any athlete entered in any event on your on-line entry roster on your relay team so long as it DOES NOT put them over the number of allowable running events.
d. Use only the BEST Meet Performance (Trials or Finals) or a Regional Performance for each entry.
e. ONLY "1/8" SPIKES can be used on our 2 year resurfaced track.
For questions contact:
John L. Perrin, Meet Director @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Kristy Hunter, Athletics/Activities Director @ email@example.com